Using a DX8 G2

I don't have a battery drain issue with the interlink. Use the interlink controller that comes with the software and save the wear on your field radio.

No, there is not any way to charge the radio from the connection cord to Real Flight. You could leave the charger cord plugged into the radio and wall. This is one reason many of us prefer the Interlink DX. I understand you were trying to save money when you bought the software-only version. You can buy the Interlink DX alone when it comes back into stock. It is rather popular.

Just my humble opinion as I have flown RF7.5 and RF8 prior to this using my field transmitter... beyond not having the wear and tear on your field transmitter, in my opinion, the new Interlink DX when coupled with RF9 is well worth the price. The Interlink DX when used with RF9 offers more channels than you can use from your field transmitter. I believe the max is 8, regardless of how many channels your actual transmitter has available.

The Interlink DX feels so close to my DX8 G2 with the switches and controls being in similar positions that it translates very well to the field.

Back