Using G3.5 on Windows 8

rlheit1

I bought G3.5 when it first came out (2006, I think), and used it to train my thumbs to start flying RC airplanes. I then had to leave RC, and am just now getting back into flying.

I have loaded G3.5 on my latest PC with Window 8 (which is a HP Pavilion), and for the most part it works. I am now retraining my thumbs to fly RC.

But there are a couple problems I am hoping someone can help me with. One is the amount of time it takes to load the program. I double click the launcher on Desktop, and it takes 1.5 minutes for the "Run Program" icon to pop up (with no screen indication during that time it is working). Then it takes another 1.5 minutes before the program loads (again during that time there is no screen indication it is working). This is more if an inconvenience than a program problem.

Next, I cannot select camera type. At first I thought it was the plane type that was restricting this function, but I have tried several aircraft types, and I can't pick camera type for any of them; even though the drop-down is there.

I was wondering if anyone using Windows 8 on the G3.5 program has successfully been able to get all the functions available to work?

I have discovered a couple more problems. When exiting the program; if I use the "red x" on the upper-right, I get a message that an error has occurred (it does not state what the error is), and I have to close it out twice before the program ends. If I use the drop-down under "Simulator" and click on "Exit"; no error message occurs.

The other problem is sometimes the sound is not there (even though the sound system is on); but if I select another aircraft, the sound works, and continues so.

Again, these are more inconveniences than problems.

The camera issue might be because your not at a 3D field. Try changing to a different field. Unfortunately I can't help you with the other issues, I only go back to G4. 3.5 perhaps someone else could help you with the other issues.

csgill - Thank you for the reply. You are correct; I tried a 3D field, and all camera types were available.

I just bought G3 at a garage sale. I installed on
win 8 with no problems.
very surprised. If you had your virus software disabled and every thing else closed when you installed G3 I would try a reinstall. I also have the same computer you have. I have had no problems so far. Mine does run very slow at times??

Back