Using NX10 with dongle

Falcon195

I am looking at purchasing Real Flight Evolution and I will be using my NX10 and the Real Flight usb dongle. My question is with this set up how much control will I have with things like resetting Evolution and other settings using my NX10.
I know that with the controller you can buy with RF Evolution
You can reset the models and other things with that controller.
The reason I ask is I want a wireless connection with my NX10 and I really don't have much room for a keyboard and mouse. So it is my understanding that with RF Evolution you can control my functions with the RF controller but I would like to know if I can get the same control with my NX10 and the USB dongle?
Thanks

Everything you can do in RF from the controller is essentially a channel. Every switch, button, and stick on the InterLink DX is mapped to a Windows game input channel, which in turn is interpreted by RF in different ways.

The InterLink DX is like having a 17-channel transmitter, because every input you see on it does something in RF. You won't be able to replicate everything the InterLink DX can do using an NX10. You can pick and choose which of those 17 functions will be available through buttons on your NX10 but you'll be limited to a total of 10.

Making things a little worse in this respect, the dongle is an 8-channel receiver, so your NX10 will be limited to 8 channels going that route. You can get all 10 if you connect your NX10 to the PC via USB and put it in Game Controller Mode. (NX is the only Spektrum transmitter that can do this; DX and iX can't.)

I have some extensive posts on controller setup for both NX via USB and for the WS1000/2000 dongles over in my RF blog on RCGroups.

Those writeups really emphasize setting up enough channels to fly the aircraft and then have features such as changing flight modes, Panic (if you want it), and with 10 channels I explain how to add a Reset button, which resets RF to having a nice, new model sitting on the runway. That's normally done with the space bar, but it can be done from the controller if you assign one of your available channels to it. On the InterLink DX, there's a dedicated reset button for this purpose.

If you really want to eliminate the keyboard and mouse, you may wish to consider getting an InterLink DX. The new menu system in Evo was designed especially for the InterLink DX, using the buttons and scroll wheel to move around the menu.

Everything you can do in RF from the controller is essentially a channel. Every switch, button, and stick on the InterLink DX is mapped to a Windows game input channel, which in turn is interpreted by RF in different ways.

The InterLink DX is like having a 17-channel transmitter, because every input you see on it does something in RF. You won't be able to replicate everything the InterLink DX can do using an NX10. You can pick and choose which of those 17 functions will be available through buttons on your NX10 but you'll be limited to a total of 10.

Making things a little worse in this respect, the dongle is an 8-channel receiver, so your NX10 will be limited to 8 channels going that route. You can get all 10 if you connect your NX10 to the PC via USB and put it in Game Controller Mode. (NX is the only Spektrum transmitter that can do this; DX and iX can't.)

I have some extensive posts on controller setup for both NX via USB and for the WS1000/2000 dongles over in my RF blog on RCGroups.

Those writeups really emphasize setting up enough channels to fly the aircraft and then have features such as changing flight modes, Panic (if you want it), and with 10 channels I explain how to add a Reset button, which resets RF to having a nice, new model sitting on the runway. That's normally done with the space bar, but it can be done from the controller if you assign one of your available channels to it. On the InterLink DX, there's a dedicated reset button for this purpose.

If you really want to eliminate the keyboard and mouse, you may wish to consider getting an InterLink DX. The new menu system in Evo was designed especially for the InterLink DX, using the buttons and scroll wheel to move around the menu.
Hi

I see you have SPM files for the heli and aeroplane set up. I am knew to this and have both a DX8 and Nx10 connected via dongle which im having problems understanding and setting up. Can you tell me easiest way to download the spm files as i assume this will get me going and setup

Thank you

For a DX radio, you need to copy the SPM file to an SD card. Your NX radio has internal storage that's accessible via USB, so you don't need an SD card for that one.

Either way, you then import the model into the radio.

I'm going to point you to my NX Tips Blog for more details about the SD card size/format (post #5, also applies to DX), how you would access the internal storage on NX via USB (post #6), and how to import the model (post #22, also applies to DX).

Back