Van's RV-8

Jeff, if your`e referring to the grey in my pics @ the hinge lines,then, yes, this is what I had to do to the bottom of this plane, to keep the red &white from being visible on the TOP of the surfaces.
Maj...............I`m complementing both of you on a job well done,in,what I see as a complicated area of an EA for future CS`ers. Don`t make me put a sucker in my mouth, and say,'Who loves ya baby"
"CRIPES` ALL MIGHTY". Then I`d have to shave my head. :eek::eek::D

Here's a few renders. In uploading this, I see that the forums automatically convert .png files > 500 Meg to .jpg. Interesting.

Attachments

• VansRV8-_17.jpg
    VansRV8-_17.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 16
  • VansRV8-_17e.jpg
    VansRV8-_17e.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 15
  • VansRV8-_17g.png
    VansRV8-_17g.png
    483.4 KB · Views: 16
Here's a couple more shots.

Attachments

• render8.jpg
    render8.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 13
  • render9.jpg
    render9.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 23
  • render11.jpg
    render11.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 12
That middle rendering is amazing! Or as the kids today would say, "that's sick!" :D

That middle render is awesome for sure. Although try lowering the level of reflectivity of the floor texture for a polished floor look. That is unless a perfect mirror is what you were going for. Are these renders being done in max?

I did the renders in Wings, and I was looking for a mirror finish. For an excellent reflection, my computer would be busy for a month.

Jeff the RV8 looks real nice (haven't downloaded it yet) One of your thumbnail pics on the upload page reminded me of one a clubmate sent me a couple weeks back from when we were flying this spring.

Attachments

• Laser 200.jpg
    Laser 200.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 14
Don't cut out all the hard work that goes into modeling and all the setup. Every model is an accomplishment. Very nice job both of you.

Don't cut out all the hard work that goes into modeling and all the setup. Every model is an accomplishment. Very nice job both of you.

That's true, it's tough to take an old paper grocery bag paint it up real nice and call it an authenic piece of American Indian pottery! Both aspects of the creation are equally important.

Put the wind around 12 mph, and the turbulence around 60% or 70% and then go wind surfing with this plane. Great fun.

Wilsonman, what did you do to fix the problem of the plane wanting to climb when in knife edge? I would like to know for future reference. Thanks. :)

I changed the airfoils to reflect the overall shape of the fuselage more appropriately then adjusted the center of pressure modification to appropriately to reflect where the CoP should be. For use on CoP please review my write up. Its too lengthy to go over here.

Back