Ventrilo and G3

B52fixer

Update: The password for this ventrilo server is now "weedingout" without the quotations.

Update: The entire server is now password protected due to certain rude people.
The password is "nodrama" without the quotations. The server setup screenshot has been updated to reflect this new info.

Update: Hobby channels are now password protected the password is: knifeedge
just double click the channel and enter the password in the box. you only have to do this once and ventrilo will remember it from then on.
-Andrew Powers

Ok guys one thing has bugged me about G3 multiplayer for a while. If you want to chat/explain a manuever/etc. you have to land and then type it all out. I have been using a program called ventrilo while playing america's army online it is a VOIP program that allows multiple people to talk like a conference call, and it is all voice activated. I will attach a screenshot of my settings that seem to work well for most people with headsets. If you are using a boom mic you will most likely have to use a hotkey. You can enter the server info manually as follows:
Hostname= VENT3.GAMESERVERS.COM
Port= 4724
Password= sodone

Here is a pic of the typical settings for use with a boom mic.
ventaudiosettingsforboommic.jpg

Here is a pic of the typical settings for use with a headset.
ventaudiosettings.jpg

If any of you have any questions feel free to email me at:
andrew_powers@mcloudteleco.com

That's about it guys enjoy. :D
-Andrew Powers

EDIT-------------------------------------
Ok guys it has come to my attention that some of you are having trouble with setting up a new server connection once you have ventrilo installed. So here are some more screen shots to help simplify things.

To begin once you have installed and started ventrilo on your computer follow the directions contained within the following picture to create a new user.
newusersetup.jpg

Then follow these instructions in this picture to create the server connection.
ventserversettingspassworded.jpg

Now you should be setup and sitting at a screen like this.
ventrilosetupdone.jpg

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
IF I get Broard band. i would be interested in trying this. It is the future :)
we are here today :)
but i still have a Modem :)

I used this program ALOT when I used to play Desert Combat (mod for Battle Field 1942)

The problem I have is: If your flying....Its hard to hit the "hot key" to talk to someone.

Id rather use Voice activation......but that Sucks.......everytime you cough or your woman says something to you.......Your mic goes hot.

That always leads to some interesting conversations.....LOL :eek:

just program a mute microphone key bind. I have major sinus problems so in the winter I am always hacking and coughing. I have my right ctrl button set to mute my mic and I just hit it to cough/talk to the wife/answer phone/ etc. and then hit again to have a live mic. If you need help setting this up let me know.

-Andrew

Thanks for pointing that out. My dumb thumbs are sometime a bad Influence to the rest of my fingers. :) I will edit my post to reflect the correct site. I just hope this has not made anyone turn away from this program. Sorry for the inconvenice guys. www.ventrilo.com is the correct site.
-Andrew

Added some new screenshots to help get everything set up from the ground up. hope this helps those of you that are struggling. Take a look at my original post :cool:
-Andrew

Fixer, I was wondering how many people you have join your sessions by posting that you're up on the forums. When I fly MP, I hit the <Join> button, and see who's hosting there.

The ventrilo server is separate from G3 it runs 24/7 whereas I have not be able to keep G3 up for more than a few hours without having to restart due to errors.
Hosting is up everyone is welcome.

Last edited:
Hobby channels are now password protected the password is: knifeedge
just double click the channel and enter the password in the box. you only have to do this once and ventrilo will remember it from then on.
-Andrew Powers

Jeff After rereading your post I understand what you meant. I have had at least a 4 or 5 people come in because they saw my post either here or on Runryder. I am just trying to get the word out to people. Some people have had trouble setting vent up and I mainly just want them to know I am personally online and and hosting so I can help them out if needed. But as per your psuedo-suggestion I have deleted all the old "hosting" post and will attempt to keep it to one host is up/down post as to prevent clutter.
-Andrew Powers

Last edited:
Back