Version .410 is now public

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
RealFlight G3 version .410 is now available on the public server as an online update. To obtain it, simply run the RealFlight Launcher, click Additional Options, then click Registration/Updates. If you haven't completed the online registration before, make sure you do that first. Then, click Update to Latest Version, or Update to Specific Version if you prefer, and follow the instructions.

If you are currently connected to the public beta site, when you go to perform an online update you will automatically be switched to the public server now that .410 is available there.

Note that this update is cumulative. As long as you obtain the update via the Launcher, you do not need to update to any earlier versions first.

Here is the list of new features and bug fixes for .410:

NEW FEATURES:
PhotoField airport technology
New airports: Sod Farm & Grassy Flatlands (PhotoFields)
Default airport is now Grass Flatlands
Airport editor: Support for PhotoField airports (render to depth-buffer, cast shadows, sun halo, fixed camera)
Airport editor: "Drop aircraft on reset" and "Initial velocity" properties added to airplane spawn points
Airport editor: New Pilot Preview window
Aircraft editor: "Launch Method" property added to aircraft
Import raw panoramic images (Simulation->Import->Raw Panoramic Image)
Expanded graphics card compatibility
Time scale parameter in physics settings
Rolling resistance and friction coefficient factors added to wheels and surfaces
Camber thrust model for tires
Flexible helicopter landing skids
General improvements to ground handling & steering model
Converted user manual from HTML and Word formats to Adobe .PDF format
Initial hand-launch direction is now determined by pilot spawn orientation instead of wind direction
Automatically generate new collision files when a 3D model has changed
Added another servo to the smoke component to control smoke more effectively
"Remember aircraft position" lets you temporarily save the aircraft position and orientation to be used on aircraft reset
Show environment map on shiny breakoff parts
Camera behavior during events modified for "fixed camera only" airports
New window modes: normal (resizable), maximized normal, maximized full-screen (menu bar only), full-screen exclusive
New custom channel mapping dialog
Aircraft specifications moved to tab in selection dialog
Airport selection dialog uses panoramic previews
Grouping options in airport/aircraft selection dialogs
"Custom" folder in airport/aircraft selection dialogs
Redesigned multiplayer "Join" dialog
Controller numbering in the Select Controller menu
"Show pilot nametag" option on MultiMode and Event menus
Roll/zoom added to TrackIR view
E3D - Flap Mixing: added flaperon and spoileron mixing
Launcher: online updates can be cancelled and resumed (starting from the last completely downloaded file)

FIXED BUGS:
Eliminate texture cache (RealFlight.cmp-tcache) that is causing startup hangs
Crash sometimes occurs when all wheels are broken off before a reset
Collision detection/response code needs more optimization
Behavior of lightweight breakoff objects needs improvement
Loading of collision meshes needs optimization to improve load times
Some complex airport objects need optimized collision meshes to improve collision engine performance
Numerous fixes and optimizations for vehicle visual meshes
Engine handling bug for airplanes with multiple electric motors
Planes "jump" when a piece breaks off
Proximity engine performance and runway detection need improvement
Dirt squares and corners should be "runway" object types
Airplanes are sometimes identified as helicopters
Turbine engine sounds don't stop when engines are separated from aircraft
Smoke continues emitting from smoke components after breakapart
Engine sounds keep playing at breakoff location after breakapart
Some static objects have bad scaling values the first time they load
Attempting to change zoom level in Keep Ground In View mode affects zoom level in manual zoom mode
Autozoom level not persistent
“Look At” option combined with pivot camera mode can cause camera to pivot around incorrect aircraft
"Look at windsock" looks at the base of the pole, not the sock itself
"Look at windsock" always looks to first windsock, even when multiple windsocks are present
Walk mode prevents “Look at Windsock” from working correctly
Walk mode keys (W, A, S, D) are not functional while a VFI is playing
Mini-viewports can't quicklook at objects
Camera spring level setting is treated as incorrect data type
Change default wind setting for all airports (except slope soaring airports) to zero MPH
Wind Variation setting is a percentage, but constraints allow values from 0-200
Crash and other bad behavior when using two G3 Controllers
Multiplayer host dialog accepts invalid port numbers
Changing shadow quality setting does not affect recordings/multiplayer participants that are already loaded
Name tags don't appear consistently for remote participants
Chat Gadget title is not updated after exiting the first multiplayer session and joining another
Chat Gadget text size setting has no effect
Clicking on a viewport in MultiMode doesn't always work
Aircraft editor: When saving, no warning before overwriting an existing custom aircraft
Aircraft editor: Dialog is not resizable but should be
Aircraft editor: No user prompt to save changes after renaming a component and attempting to exit
Aircraft editor: Under certain circumstances, two rotor heads appear
Aircraft editor: Creating multiple rotor components is permitted
Aircraft editor: Cannot delete tail boom component
Aircraft editor: "Display metric units" menu option not persistent
Aircraft editor: Bad default value for "Location in Parent" and other properties
Airport editor: Crashes when moving windsock to a new folder
Airport editor: Various bugs with Reset Window Position feature
Airport Editor: "Fit Object to View" behavior needs improvement
Airport editor: Read only items are not grayed out
Airport editor: Edit menu and context menu do not always contain the same functions
Airport editor: Following properties need improvement: sun position, sky color, shadows
Airport editor: Control objects are resizable using the hotkey, even though they have no scale
Airport editor: Set As Default should not be available for airplane and helicopter spawns
Airport editor: Misc. other bugs
Remove camera translations after exiting airport editor
Recordings continue playing in airport editor
Aircraft selection dialog is resizable but should not be
"Save Color Scheme As..." does not warn before overwriting an existing color scheme
Airport MRU does not include most recent airport if a new one is loaded to play a VFI
Help menu items do not appear while in MultiMode
Show Keyboard Commands gadget contains some unsupported hotkeys
Eliminate event previews
Events timer countdown displays tenths as hundredths
Sierra Nevada Cliff airport: heli cannot be seen from pilot spawn
Default scale is wrong for Adair Runway and Grassy Field airport objects (AO5)
Clean up airport object folder hierarchy for G2 airports
Sim does not respond properly if Windows monitor resolution setting is changed while the sim is running
Lighting is different in the binocular view than in the main viewport
Sky color needs improving for all airports
Forest rendering needs optimizing
"Brightness" setting needs to have more effect
Make Futaba channel mapping the default configuration for the controller interface
Remove "Flying the Obstacle Course" recording from installation directory
Naming problem with Rossi .90 ducted fan torque generators (missing space)
Missing projected scenery object does not give an error message
System message settings not always enforced
System messages should be removed when entering the airport editor
Kontronik motors have zero mass
Crash caused by certain turbine configurations
Control objects visible while simulation is running under certain circumstances
Sun Azimuth/Latitude/Wind parameters aren't being copied when creating a new airport
Sometimes VFI narrations are muted after loading several VFIs
Various aircraft and airport description errors
Misc. viewport and gadget bugs
Misc. spelling and grammar errors
Launcher: Online updates dialog is unresponsive during updates
Launcher: Online updates should detect incomplete files in download cache and react appropriately
Launcher: Crash occurs in certain cases after updating from an early version to a later version then back
Launcher: Improve online updates error checking and error reporting
Launcher: Improve online updates network compatibility (especially DirecWay satellite internet connections)
Launcher: Assemble information (in tech support dialog) should include fileread.ini, should not include airports.ini
Launcher: Misc. other fixes and dialog cleanup

AIRCRAFT CHANGES:
BLT Park Flyer: Reduced rudder throw
E3D: Strengthened vertical and horizontal tail
Extra Special: Increased tail strength
Ultra Sport: Added retracts
Yak-54: Updated description
Piper Cub (AO1): Removed aileron-rudder mixing and increased right thrust to 2 degrees
DC-3 (AO2): Removed aileron-rudder mixing and increased aileron throw
PT-19 (AO2): Adjusted downthrust value and engine location to improve takeoff behavior
A-10 (AO3): Added wing incidence, no longer climbs at full throttle
P-47 (AO3): Reduced elevator throw, increased right thrust to 3.5 degrees, moved CG forward
Sukhoi - 3D Version (AO3): Added mass to various components, increased tail strength
Edge 540 (AO4): Modified tail and rudder strength and mass
Extra 330S (AO4): Increased wing and tail strength
Nobler (AO4): Reduced rudder throw, removed smoke servo, set up visual rudder component
Contender (AO5): Removed smoke servo
Double Whammy (AO5): Removed throttle servo, renamed vertical fin component
Gee Bee (AO5): Added smoke to glow version, changed electric sound profile, reduced elevator throw, added right thrust
KingCat (AO5): Added more flap-elevator mixing to fix pitch-down problem, increased wing strength
Sea Fury (AO5): Moved CG forward, reduced elevator throw
Shoestring (AO5): Removed smoke servo
Viper (AO5): Removed smoke servo, assigned throttle servo to exhaust smoke

kktoh said:
Any difference between this .410 public version and the .410 beta version ?
It is exactly the same.

Any given version number will always refer to the same build. To change anything, we would need to make a new build, which would have a different number (such as .411).

How large a download is it?

It's actually in pieces, right? Would you be so kind as to list the sizes of the pieces? It'd give those of us on dialup a clue about how to schedule our download session(s).

Is there a way to get a cd?

Thanks for any info.

OH, btw.... the first thing the d/l will do is d/l and install a new installer right? Can we cut the d/l after the new installer is done (it says to "re-update" or somesuch, right) and delay the rest a day or so?

I'll have info next week on other ways to obtain the update. Yes, there will be a way to get it on CD if no other method works for you.

If you don't have the latest Launcher, that's the first thing you'll get after starting an online update. In that case, yes, you can safely answer "no" when prompted to continue the update. But if you already have the latest Launcher, it will start downloading the rest of the files right away. You should be able to cancel that without problems, but I know a couple of people have reported problems in that area, and I don't currently have an explanation for that. So if you want to absolutely safe, you may not want to try it.

Ambitious update!

By the way, if anyone here is wondering how to take advantage of the new "Normal Window" (resizable) mode - just launch G3 and go to "Window" - "Show Title Bar". You now have G3 in a normal resizable minimizable (is that a word?) window.

Jim H.

Hello

I have no internet connection at home, where I use realflight, only here at work.
Is there any way to upgrade without an internet connection? I've already downloaded the launcher - which of course does not work on its own.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Tony

I'll give it a try - maybe after hours though - it could slow our internet down to a halt.

Thanks

Andy

Hi tony - and others

If I do download the update, is it as simple as just double clicking on the exe file or will I have to run the launcher? I have none of the previous updates.

Regards

Andy

Hi,

good question !

its says ... here
Note that this update is cumulative. As long as you obtain the update via the Launcher, you do not need to update to any earlier versions first.

My understanding is that the to 180MB .exe contains the new launcher as well as everything else so I would just download it and give it a go.

regards,

Tony.

Last edited:
.366 to .367 Upgrade?

George Harkin says in his post that the Manual .410 upgrade is intended up upgrade .367. I just bought RF G3 and the CD contains V .366. Will the .410 manual upgrade upgrade V .366? If not, how can I manually upgrade .366 to .367?

Thanks, Sander

I think you mean version .387. This can be done by first using the online updater from the RealFlight G3 Launcher. Select "Upgrade to Specific Version" and select .387.

Then you can run the online update, or the manual update file.

Which version has the realistic crashes?

I have done two updates not so long ago. One was the .410 version and the other was the heli update. My computer crashed recently and I had to reinstall G3 software and have updated to .410 with success.

My question is is the .410 update the same as the heli update?
http://12.156.2.54/downloads/RealFlight3_00_366HeliUpdate.exe

Both shows different version numbers and am confuse as which one contains the realistic crashes.

Back