Version 7.00.022 Bug Report

dhk79

RealFlight version 7.00.022's aircraft editor has a problem. Unable to set a control input in the software radio, only see input 1, 2, 3, ect. no roll, pitch, smoke, ect.

Doug

Doug, can you provide some more detail? I'm not sure if I'm correctly understanding what you're saying.

I see where the input names in the software radio have changed vs. 6.5 to remove labels like "Roll" and "Throttle", but as far as I can tell they still function as expected (and didn't change between 7.00.013 and 7.00.022). I edited the Zero's Output Channel 3 to use input channel 6 instead of 3, saved it, and the knob did subsequently control throttle.

Which controller type and which controller profile are you using?

The labels are what I was talking about. Channel 1-12 doesn't make much sense, especially over 4. Is there a list of what the control trigger for each channel is?

Ah. It was the "Unable to set a control input in the software radio" part that threw me. I thought you were reporting a bug where you couldn't change those values, or the changes weren't taking effect.

I remain confused about your confusion, then. The text in parentheses is the control trigger, as you put it, for the given software radio input channel. And what that value is depends on the channel mapping in the currently active radio profile.

So if you're using the InterLink radio profile, for example, it's a straight-across mapping: channel 1 from the controller maps to RealFlight input channel 1, channel 2 from the controller maps to RealFlight input channel 2, etc.

Contrast that with the Spektrum radio profile, where controller channel 1 maps to RealFlight input channel 3, controller channel 2 maps to RealFlight input channel 1, etc. In this case, the dropdown in the software radio will look like this:

Input Channel 1 (Channel 2)
Input Channel 2 (Channel 3)
Input Channel 3 (Channel 1)
Input Channel 4 (Channel 4)

If you're using the InterLink, the controller channel values are the same as ever, and are labeled on your controller.

Does that help? For any other controller we have no way of knowing what's driving a given channel. Maybe you're saying you'd like it if, when using the InterLink, the old labels still appeared?

Maybe you're saying you'd like it if, when using the InterLink, the old labels still appeared?
That would help, as it would make things a little quicker without having to think "The Interlink Knob is Channel 7" (and that is probably even wrong because I never thought about it before). As it is I'm going to have to go do some trial and error to create a cheat sheet. Granted this won't effect the average users, but the first time I went to set up the physics for a plane in 7 I was wondering where the input labels were.

Back