Vista and G2

Thanks jeffpn.

I am in the UK and so have always used the email link specifying my problem.

Maybe I should have called them.

You never specified, but I did have a feeling that you were overseas. That would definitely make it rough to get support for alot of things.

G2 dose not appear installed - gives 3994 missing I-controller error

jeffpn said:
You never specified, but I did have a feeling that you were overseas. That would definitely make it rough to get support for alot of things.

I have been trying to get G2 working on Vista but getting the same da*n error I-controller could not be found. Not sure why? I checked the control panel and the I=Controller is listed, and in the properties It also shows the bars that correspond to each control, when you wiggle the controls the bars go up and down. This tells me that the controller and the driver is working OK. I looked at the installation and it is missing contents in the planes folder and the airport folder itself is missing.
Opening up the RealFlight Control Panel indicated "Not Installed" but shows up the serial number, most buttons are grayed out.

Any help is really appreciated

flana said:
I have been trying to get G2 working on Vista but getting the same da*n error I-controller could not be found. Not sure why? I checked the control panel and the I=Controller is listed, and in the properties It also shows the bars that correspond to each control, when you wiggle the controls the bars go up and down. This tells me that the controller and the driver is working OK. I looked at the installation and it is missing contents in the planes folder and the airport folder itself is missing.
Opening up the RealFlight Control Panel indicated "Not Installed" but shows up the serial number, most buttons are grayed out.

Any help is really appreciated
OK so I got this working! Here's the link http://www.knifeedge.com/rfg3_vista_compatibility.php
G2 Will WORK

Just in case anyone is not up to speed: flana had problems running G2 under Vista, but used G3 instructions to get it working. For the complete story, check the 5 other threads flana started about this exact same problem in the various G2 forums for details.

Back