VPP for Gas-Powered Model?

Stift

Hi!
since I've modded my VPP-Foamies in G3.5 I'm asking myself if it's possible to tune up a gas-powered model with a variable pitch prop.
And I made it, but only in the 'engine'-menu the pitch-servo is missing and I'm not sure whether it's possible to create one there.. In a german forum (I'm from Germany..) I was told that it might not be possible with gas-powered models..?
Is there a way to realize my idea? I think it would be funny if it worked..

Thanks,
Stephan

try this

make you plane electric, then set up the vpp.
after this make the plane powered by an internal combustion engine
the vpp should still be there and should still work on the assigned switch

Alex T :D

flyingpigs647 said:
try this

make you plane electric, then set up the vpp.
after this make the plane powered by an internal combustion engine
the vpp should still be there and should still work on the assigned switch

That's exactly how I did it too. Works on Turboprop setups too. I made a TurboTwinstar with a prop feathering :) pretty cool

yeah great, it works!
Thanks alot..I'll try a bit with this now on different models..

Steff

Edit: Ok great, I've made some experiments and have another question.
I'm also interested in a twin-engine model with vpitch. Works great, but I'd like to mix the two different pitch-servos together with the rudder that I can make some pirouettes (one side positive, one side negative pitch). Is that possible? I'm not so familiar with the mixers..very complex, the parameters! ;)

best regards

Last edited:
ok ive figured it out
in a simple way hehe

first make two new servos name them v pitch left and v pitch right, or what ever is easiest for you

then map them to two spare channels, e.g 6 and 7
then put two simple in put feeds in each
then map two of these inputs to your pitch servo say you want to use the knob to control main pitch (on both props). so map these to the knob one input on each spare channel.
ok next with the two remaining inputs map them both to the rudder. now make your pitch on your props controlled by vpitch left (on the left motor) and vpitch right (on the right motor)
now check the direction of pitch, make sure you have positive and negative pitch the right way around on you main pitch (knob)
then check witch direction they travel by using the rudder, if the left one is backwards then go to the rudder input (make sure it is the input not the servo) and reverse it

this is probably all confusing so i will do a twinstar with it and post pictures

EDIT: here are the pics :) ... please just ask if you need anymore info ;) :rolleyes:

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 38
  • untitled 1.gif
    untitled 1.gif
    39.3 KB · Views: 26
  • untitled 2.gif
    untitled 2.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 29
  • untitled 3.gif
    untitled 3.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 25
  • untitled 4.gif
    untitled 4.gif
    46.9 KB · Views: 38
heres a recording so you can see the result i have the radio gadget up so you can see the knob and i fly mode 2 so the left hand stick is the rudder :rolleyes: ;) :D

Alex T

Attachments

• Alex T (flyingpigs647)_Twinstar V-Pitch_RC.G3X
    261.5 KB · Views: 30
flyingpigs647 said:
heres a recording so you can see the result i have the radio gadget up so you can see the knob and i fly mode 2 so the left hand stick is the rudder :rolleyes: ;) :D

Alex T

Put that AV on the swaps so we can play with it :)

great, works fine! Thanks for the instruction and pictures, it's great fun flying and trundling (hope that's the right word) with it!

I'm going to search for other models now that I can tune up..

Is there a possibility to create a "vector-steered" model? I mean, when you steer the model by pivoting the whole engine.

Stephan

the vector steered model can be done also

it is the exact same except instead of controlling the pitch of the prop it would rotate the pod that the engine is in :)

and sure thing ill put it on the swaps now :)

Alex T :)

Back