VR Compatibility

royp

What VR headsets are compatible with RF8?

Is a Windows 10 "mixed reality" headset required?

Is it possible to use a Samsung Gear VR headset with RF8?

Thanks.

Yes, but...

OK. But rather than my having to spend more time trying to ferret out answers to these questions (which I had already done prior to this post), could someone simply answer these 3 questions? You can skip the Gear VR question as I already know it involves a nightmare of 3rd party programs/patches/solutions that are very time consuming to get working.

Thanks!

Yep, As 12oclockhigh mentioned all your answers are in this forum. I've seen them :D We would much rather have people ask questions that haven't been asked instead of repeating the same questions in various Threads over and over.

Here is the answer to 1 and 2 as of right now.

https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=281376&postcount=1

https://forums.realflight.com/showpost.php?p=281143&postcount=13

This is all the information that we have as of now. We can confirm that VR does work very well with The Occulus.

Last edited:
I am not trying to be short with you, check out the other VR threads. It is being discussed a lot and recently.

I think it's time you get a FAQ setup for RF8. Same info from 7.5 still applies, but we would just need the added VR information, and add the compatibility for 3rd party game controllers, and USB dongles.

So is a Windows Mixed Reality headset supported? I have a Dell Visor but it does not support OpenVR or SteamVR yet.

So is a Windows Mixed Reality headset supported? I have a Dell Visor but it does not support OpenVR or SteamVR yet.

Hmm, I have it from Samsung support that the the HMD Odessey supports OpenVR. Below is the transcript. I had thought that Microsoft required all WMR branded units to support OpenVR... but maybe not.

Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.
Info: You are now chatting with Mir A.
Mir A: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?

James: Not Gear VR... asking about the Odessey
James: Thinking about ordering one
James: HMD Odyssey - Windows Mixed Reality
James: Will it support OpenVR programs ?
Mir A: Let me check the information and help you with that.
Mir A: Could you give me a few minutes while I check the information for you from my resources and help you with the details.

James: Ok no problem
James: Specifically... I'm wanting to run the program Realflight 8. It's a radio controlled flying simulator. Supposed to work on any platform that uses OpenVR.
Mir A: Yes James it should work.
Mir A: I have confirmed the details and I see HMD Odyssey - Windows Mixed Reality supports OpenVR programs .
James: Thats great, thankyou!

Back