VR support in 9.5S

Dan F

Is VR support for 9.5 better in the retail box version than in the Steam version?

I have an Oculus Quest 2 and a very strong pc (i7-11700KF with Nvidia 3080 GPU); and using a wired connection into my Steam version of 9.5S the visual quality is a bunch of fuzzy crap using the Oculus mode. The VR Steam mode has clear visuals. but does not even look like real VR.

I have seen some YouTube vids of folks running 9.5 in VR that look pretty good. I'm wondering if they are using the retail box version of 9.5.

Dan
I run the Steam version of Realflight 9.5S on an HP Reverb G2 and the visuals are excellent. This also on a top end system.
Must have to do with Oculus or with your settings.

Have you made any progress?
Jim

Dan
I run the Steam version of Realflight 9.5S on an HP Reverb G2 and the visuals are excellent. This also on a top end system.

Jim
hi Jim, a quick question , I just bought RF 9.5s and have a HP reverb G2. I launch steamVR , everything works, but I only get 16fps . My 3080 videocard is only running at 25% (cpu core I9 at 12%). I don't find any settings of importance to change in RF.

Dan

Jim
I was trying to get the G2 working with mine and keep getting an error saying Realflight and VR are attempting to use different graphics adapters. Any idea what could be causing this?

Is VR support for 9.5 better in the retail box version than in the Steam version?

I have an Oculus Quest 2 and a very strong pc (i7-11700KF with Nvidia 3080 GPU); and using a wired connection into my Steam version of 9.5S the visual quality is a bunch of fuzzy crap using the Oculus mode. The VR Steam mode has clear visuals. but does not even look like real VR.

I have seen some YouTube vids of folks running 9.5 in VR that look pretty good. I'm wondering if they are using the retail box version of 9.5.
Hey! The VR experience can be a bit tricky, but it's not really about the retail box vs. Steam version. It's more about finding the right settings. Your setup's awesome, so try tweaking graphics settings in both Oculus and Steam modes. Sometimes, a little adjustment can bring that VR goodness. Those cool YouTube videos might have some tricks up their sleeves. Give it a shot, and hopefully, you'll be rocking a super clear VR experience!

The secret to get good VR with rf9.5s using Oculus/Meta headsets is to run it through SteamVR. If you run it through the Oculus runtime the colors are very washed out. Also, with SteamVR you can set the % visuals (on a per app basis) higher if your PC specs are good enough. This has been the same since rf8.

Back