Walkera 4#3 Extreme FLights

Look fun and just wondering 2 things..

Looks funs, but way out of scale.. But it does bring up two questions....

1. What Program did you use to record that Video. I have been trying to get some nice recordings like that.

2. ( you'll probably not answer this question or my first one after reading this ). Micro-Flight likes like a web Sight that sales stuff, and I was just wondering if you have Real Flight endorsement to use their product for advertisement purposes?

Maybe I'm just reading to much in to it, and you just wanted to show off your talent of editing Fight Physics, you might not have any thing to do with Micro-Flight, if so why would your use there Copyrighted images on your Video, you could be setting them up for a law suite if people buy that upgrade and it does not make there helicopter fly like that. Just wondering...

The video endorses the hobby, It endorses Real Flight G3.5. Walkera and MIA Micro-FLIGHT.

It says go get Real FLight G3.5, download the cool stock walkera 3D model that is on this site in the downloads and if you like all this cool stuff go get a real walkera 4#3. And if you want more, go get the real upgrades for the real helicopter.

Why would anyone have a problem with that? I think you are reading too deep into it.

I do love to modify the actual models because I get bored easily by flying them stock or as they come with the sim. Why do some people like to modify even the real ones?. It s a personal thing. This is also why I love RF SIM it allows users to get creative with it.

There is no rule that says you have to fly a sim as the real thing, you can if you wish, and I do, most of the time, RF has enhanced my flying skills to a certain degree, but a great deal of this improvement is also due to the fact I modify the models for perhaps unrealistic performance that forces upon me a greater amount of concentration and hand eye coordination . Flying these models sort of crazy like and fast really does wonders to your hand eye coordination that otherwise would be costly to practice with real models.

There are several programs you can use for video recording a game some come with some games and some you can use separately. Use Google to find one that is suitable for gaming. You may need to try a few before you are confortable using the one that works with your specific application. You can also use a regular video camera in front of the game, as I have done on some of my videos and use a video editor to put some color transitions and whatnots intto it to make it a little more presentable.

Remember you posted this to a KE forum.

And in-so-doing, you opened it up for comments and observations.

While things like this may be amusing, what usually happens is that the un-initiated use this to point out how "unrealistic" the sim is.

One person repeats that and it gets picked up and repeated.

So yeah, it's amusing, but most of us are more impressed by realistic behaviour.

opjose said:
Remember you posted this to a KE forum.

And in-so-doing, you opened it up for comments and observations.

While things like this may be amusing, what usually happens is that the un-initiated use this to point out how "unrealistic" the sim is.

One person repeats that and it gets picked up and repeated.

So yeah, it's amusing, but most of us are more impressed by realistic behaviour.

Yes, I have noticed that most of the guys in this forum are after realism and I must say I am very impressed with some of the models that come out from the various people that post fresh 3D models.

For instance, I noticed junjkboy999 had done a Citabria airplane model, downloaded it last night and wow! very realistic indeed. And this goes not only to junkboy but others also, that have impressed me with their 3D modeling abilities, this is coming from someone that also does 3D work as part of my real job, but I don't have nearly the time to do a full blown 3D model for RF for free.

I have done my own design helicopters like the MIA Bumble Bee for FMS using Metasequoia but that was a lot easier because there was no collision effects and I used very frugal use of polygons to keep it simple and to allow FMS to run faster with it for people that didn't have fast computers. This was a while ago. I would love to do a MIA bumble Bee for FMS but maybe someday when I have more time or who knows, maybe someone might pick up on it and surprise me.

Anyway, getting back to flying realistically, RF does give you that and more, but the ultimate test is really with a real model. Even that as an example, the present day foamies, that have so much power to hover, was at one time considered unrealistic flight, by some purists and look at were we are at with those planes now? Going further, in the 80's I was flying in Chicago with a group, of model fuel airplane enthusiasts and I had just started to switch over to electric, but some of these model flyers would criticize that electric planes would never be at the level of model fuel ones. and Look at were electric planes are at now? So , all this taken into consideration, brings up the thought that never, imposibble, unrealistic, maybe terms defined only by level of individual creativity, times and type of technology.

Have Fun Guys.

Last edited:
Junkboy999 said:
Looks funs, but way out of scale.. But it does bring up two questions....

1. What Program did you use to record that Video. I have been trying to get some nice recordings like that.

2. ( you'll probably not answer this question or my first one after reading this ). Micro-Flight likes like a web Sight that sales stuff, and I was just wondering if you have Real Flight endorsement to use their product for advertisement purposes?

Maybe I'm just reading to much in to it, and you just wanted to show off your talent of editing Fight Physics, you might not have any thing to do with Micro-Flight, if so why would your use there Copyrighted images on your Video, you could be setting them up for a law suite if people buy that upgrade and it does not make there helicopter fly like that. Just wondering...

he uses FRAPS

a program use to capture video game movies

Hey guys.

Hey MIA

I enjoyed watching the videos. I wish I could fly like that. I can barley hover even in the sim.

I did not mean to open can of worms :) I would just hate to see some one try to sue Knife edge because the modification they bought and added to their helicopter did not make it fly the way in the video . Remember people out there are stupid. McDugels Coffee is hot so you should not ware it as underwear and Honey Cob cereal is not really the size as shown on the box, it is enlarged to show texture.

All names of the products have been changed to protect the trades marks and CYA Oh and no animals where harmed in making the post. :D

Junkboy999 said:
Hey MIA

I enjoyed watching the videos. I wish I could fly like that. I can barley hover even in the sim.

Thanks.
Oh you can do it! just takes a little bit of practice, helps to fly in free style mode and force yourself to try something new everytime. Does not need to be perfect the first time, it won't, you just have to be able to execute the moves and hold that position, then one day it will all come together and it will surprise you!

Keep it light!

Back