Wanted: 8 Good Men

delamite

does anybody fly anything but the yak or extra-300 (or the like) in multiplayer? hovering just above the ground?? BFD. i cant believe that at any given moment 8 guys are not trying to cut each other to ribbons with old warbirds or thier favorite stick. chopper pilots always welcome. these birds are pixils not balsa and spruce. the beauty of this sim is that the envelope of the sport can be pushed without the sacrifice.

durogatory comments can now be added.

Name the time... name the server..... you're gonna get your butt shot up... I'll be happy to bust your pixels, anytime.

delamite said:
does anybody fly anything but the yak or extra-300 (or the like) in multiplayer? hovering just above the ground?? BFD. i cant believe that at any given moment 8 guys are not trying to cut each other to ribbons with old warbirds or thier favorite stick. chopper pilots always welcome. these birds are pixils not balsa and spruce. the beauty of this sim is that the envelope of the sport can be pushed without the sacrifice.

delamite said:
does anybody fly anything but the yak or extra-300 (or the like) in multiplayer? hovering just above the ground?? BFD.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :D

Dude, that is so right on! I can't count how many times I have gone to multiplayer and seen nothing but that! :p

On the other hand, there was one guy who tried to get something interesting going in multiplayer. We would have a bunch or warbirds, and chase each other around in a virtual AP. It was such a blast!

Sadly, he got into a personality conflict with a couple of the groupies here, and they drove him away. Which, unfortunately, happens far too often on this forum. :rolleyes:

delamite said:

I get tired of going into multiplayer and finding a bunch of yaks hovering around.
I dont play multiplayer anymore.

Look for MP sessions with "dogfight" in their titles, it'll give you some clue as to the nature of the game. In those, a hovering aircraft is often considered a relatively stationary target and they don't last long :D

Back