Wanted to see if I still knew how to use Wings3D..LOL

rcplanefubar

Well got bored this weekend and decided to start a project last night. Sure was nice to get the creative juices flowing again!:D

Attachments

• raceplane front quarter.PNG
    raceplane front quarter.PNG
    201.2 KB · Views: 7
  • raceplane front.PNG
    raceplane front.PNG
    139.8 KB · Views: 5
  • raceplane rear quarter.PNG
    raceplane rear quarter.PNG
    163.5 KB · Views: 8
  • raceplane side.PNG
    raceplane side.PNG
    192.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Raceplane Top.PNG
    Raceplane Top.PNG
    120.9 KB · Views: 8
Something I pulled out of my ..darkside :rolleyes: ... just have it saved as race plane for now.. It will need a proper name.

I saw that on facebook;)

yeah that is where I ended last night... I added the landing gear , cannards , and vents tonight. Plus spent a lot of time cleaning up some ugly spots ... I still have some bad shadows ... I'll getter nice and smooth;)

Flying surfaces vs control surfaces... interesting.
Wonder if that makes any of the key steps in making the model easier/simpler or not??

Hadn't thought about the physics for a flying surface...

Using pitch as an example, would it be:
1. assign servo to the "elevator"
2. zero area for stab, "elevator" equals the entire area.

Yes/no?

If you are not use to setting up pods on control surfaces, that takes more know how, than seting up control surfaces cut out of a wing.

A flying surface must be set up with a moveable pod. The pod gives it a pivot point.

Last edited:
Hadn't thought about the physics for a flying surface...

Using pitch as an example, would it be:
1. assign servo to the "elevator"
2. zero area for stab, "elevator" equals the entire area.

Yes/no?

The Hansa has no vstab. I still set up a vstab in the physics. The rudder takes up all of the vstab. It looks right in the physics editor.

The Hansa has no vstab. I still set up a vstab in the physics. The rudder takes up all of the vstab. It looks right in the physics editor.

OK, will check the Hansa. Sounds right the moveable part (rudder, elevator) becomes the full object. Also reminds me to check out how the Wright flyer (wing warping on original) physics was setup.

Back