Water Artifacts

Both are valid questions, of course, but I agree that this is very hardware and settings dependent. Water being translucent, reflective, fluid, dynamic, and having shallow angle contact boundaries with colored solids means that the hardware not only has to do a bunch of work, it has to be told to do a bunch of work.

To answer your question for one user, I'm not seeing any artifacts in RF9, but I wouldn't expect to with my hardware which permits me to max all the settings unless I want to multitask some of my development or photographic work.

Let's not forget the impact of Windows and DirectX. I run a current release OS, so it's possible that some of the possible difference on this issue is outside hardware or RF.

I'll be happy to play with my settings to try to force the water boundary problem if you think it would help you in mapping your future needs. Just let me know.

Be safe and well.

Thanks. Not really worth chasing. I was just wondering if anything had been done specifically to address the problem, either in software or hardware tweaks.

Back