What is going on with the Directory Server lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all fairness....

I had an issue with the thrust vectoring version of the SAAB Gripen a while back before I uploaded it to the swaps. If two people tried to use it in a multiplayer session, then the session would crash for the first person to have it loaded. You could expect to get the unexpected error every time without fail each time the second person tried to enter the multiplayer session or if they loaded it while the other person already had it loaded.

I sent this off to the guys as KE and they addressed and corrected the issue. Otherwise, I would have not uploaded that version of the Gripen to the swap pages. The effect is similar, but it is different in the way Realflight crashes as described in this thread. I assume it's bad flight physics on a stock aircraft causing the issue. It was the physics of that thrust vectoring Gripen that had issues in the past. I know the processor can become overloaded with complex aircraft and if more than one person is flying the same complex aircraft around, there can be experienced problems.

Quote from a line in a thread from edoctoor: (However, I am awake for 24 hours a day for several days in a row)

That right there can cause paranoia. Now I'm not trying to be mean but there are certain drugs that people do that have this effect.

People sit up for days tearing everything apart to figure out how it works while peeking out the window to make sure the bogey man isn't coming to get them. (No I'm pointing this at you)

You are over analyzing things that really are not a issue.

Example, in one of your posts you said that there were only 4 sessions or 4 people in the joining area. There could be one guy that is not configured right trying to join all the rooms and possibly the closest he got to joining was in your room.

Therefore he will crash your session every time.

It's not a conspiracy .

Last edited:
edoctoor said:
My reality check (I am mental, and flying was suppose to be therapy)
If you know and admit that ...........shouldn't that tell you something?

I agree with Norton........
I've never brought this up in the forum before
but anyone who's looked at my member profile will see that I'm a recovering Addict

I've seen first hand what staying up for days had done to a few of my friends
after about 48 hours they are NOT even the same person anymore
after 72 hours you could not even turn your back on them (if they weren't hiding in a closet !)
they exhibited the same EXACT symptoms Norton described mostly extreme paranoia. ..............ed have your doctor change your meds or take the ones you are supposed to , but are obviously not

If you seriously believe that being a forum member results in Cyber Attacks
or that this is how people can zero in on you with malicious intent ...........
just stop posting in the forum
All I can say is that is not what is happening.................. but I guess no one will be able to convince you of that

opjose said:
BTW: An IP list is somewhat useless as most client machines obtain their IP's via DHCP.

I would guess that I am not asking for the Player name, IP's, ColorSchemes, and Aircrafts for the ability to ban the troll.

I hope you assume that I want the log so that I can relay that info to the admins if the logs prove that this issue is intentionally caused by one person. It is my hopes that the overwhelming proof would be enough to give this kid a time out.

mwilson914 said:
In all fairness....

I had an issue with the thrust vectoring version of the SAAB Gripen a while back before I uploaded it to the swaps. If two people tried to use it in a multiplayer session, then the session would crash for the first person to have it loaded.

Thanks for your input; however I was flying an Extra
and they were flying either the Extra 300L or a Yak-54, I was alone on the server when they joined and crashed it.

What I don't understand is I have flown all my the extra 300L and the Yak-54
with no issues. I am also aware that I have to have the same aircraft/color scheme
as the person that joined the multiplayer session in order that I can see their aircraft.

That said, I have a working copy of both airplanes as I have loaded all their respective color schemes without issue.

Does that means that their custom physics are used instead of the physics that
I have on my computer?

Why I ask, is this, Matt always changes to the aircraft known to crash the session and then he joins the session and the session crashes before the aircraft appears.

If I didn't leave the console open and Settings > Multiplayer > Announce Aircraft Changes I would have been able to do a printscreen showing that it is always the same guy from mindspring.com United States California Northridge Matt but since there isn't a log I can not ban someone that joins and crashes RealFlight due to the fact that there isn't a simple method to obtain the IP address. Unless, I just happen to be running mplistplayers at the time. That is how often that these trolls attack.

Is there a way that I can get KnifeEdge to watch my Server Sessions and
watch what IP was the last to Join before the Session closed?

If there is; I would like to request this action to be applied to my online sessions.

Notice: Most of my posts are asking for assistance in this matter or a means for everyone to enjoy RealFlight without this annoyance.

Example:

I have requested LOGS

I have requested an understanding of the dds crashes and confirmed that dds are not the issue as I have created a dds for all the aircrafts on my computer with
no issues and flown them, sure I had issues creating the dds for a couple but once the dds were created RealFlight would load and fly them with no issues.

I have requested a delay commands in the console so that I could run a script that would recursively run "copybuffer, mplistplayer" since there isn't a
Log ... at least when then RealFlight Crashes the last copybuffer would be the
trolls IP address and it could be pasted into a Log manually.

Or even better, an option that would "Append" to a Log with the following details:
DATEandTimeStamp, IP address, Name, and Aircraft, and Color scheme
(before RealFlight attempted to load them)
and also append to this LOG the a DateandTimeStamp every 5 minutes,
If the last line in the LOG happens to be a DateandTimeStamp 5 minutes later
then remove the last line and replace it with new DateandTimeStamp.

There are many simple solutions, but everyone seems to be
supporting and condoning the trolls; otherwise I would expect
more help and
opjose said:
Then it's a reality check! :D
less public ridicule and
less useless attacks

towards anyone, including the disabled because they
are asking for help on this forum.

That said, special thanks for those that took there time to thank me for speaking up and asking me to join their other forums.

I will always join (Using a different nick) as I am addicted to typing...
as my words and videos will be all over the net for many years after I am gone.

I know that KnifeEdge has a lot of respect for the disabled as they are quite
aware that it is the disabled that type and create videos the most; since most of the disabled are unemployed and have a lot of time on our hands and because we belong to very large communities.

We many not have a voice here,
but trust me we are out there, and we are being heard and legal protected.

Last edited:
OK,

I believe that by now we all know your disabled, that being said I have quite a few disabled friends.

One of my best friends and I were out surfing at the age of 20 and he broke his neck, needless to say he is now a paraplegic. Not once in 22 years has he called on the disabled card. My friends and I still take him out to the beach for some body boarding when we hit the waves.

I also have a friend who has OCD, once he explained it to me that was the last I heard of it from her.

My best friends son is Autistic and while you do have beware of certain things he is just like any other kid.

With all that being said,

We are all users of the sim here and not from the Knife Edge crew.
Most of the issues with the sim you are having, example: Ip log, banning etc, should be directed to KE as there is nothing we can do about it. They do read the forum to see what the people want but maybe PM or e-mail them with your ideas.

Calling the majority of people here Trolls is unfounded and unjust. These are people that have been here for years and years that help out when they can.

Saying that the Trolls (US) are picking on you because your handicapped is ridiculous, and using your illness as a stepping point to make anybody (KE) or people here to give you sympathy is just wrong.

You have been given many great suggestions and answers to you inquires, take them to heart. Don't just disregard them. :cool:

I'm sure your a nice guy and I feel for you but don't forget, there is always somebody that is going to park in the blue parking space that's not handicapped.

That's not the people that you have been talking to here.

If I'm a Troll and on your ignore list, disregard this. :)

Last edited:
Excellent post Norton
I can't speak for others but norton sums it up pretty good
Norton said:
Saying that the Trolls (US) are picking on you because your handicapped is ridiculous, and using your illness as a stepping point to make anybody (KE) or people here to give you sympathy is just wrong.
)
I might add that in the past you complained that everyone was lying to you and then accused people of being KE shills
I guess at one point you realized none of us were ......then you started this troll thing and said every one was out to get you

All of this was long before you let your "Condition" Be known

So to say this falsely perceived persecution that is supposedly happening to you is just because you are Disabled.................. is a crock
BTW I have a family member who IS disabled (C. P.) and I have NEVER seen her try to use her disability as some kind of trump card :eek

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back