When I upscale planes,they sink.

hobiewan

Is there a setting that keeps an aircraft from settling into the "mud" when I scale up(make them larger)? The effect only is disturbing on take off and landing. Otherwise, everything works great. I'm using XP with a 64mb Nvidia Geforce2 Mx card,256 mb pc800 rdram, 1.8 ghz processor. (Dell 8200 system). Not a big problem, just curious. I'm getting frame rates from the low 40's up to over 200.
Thanks.

If you just make the visual scale larger, the physics will still be that of a smaller plane. If you want the planes to act as bigger planes, you have to chagne all parameters accordingly (weight, wingspan, lenght, surface area etc.)

Maxime Michaud

sinking planes

Thanks for your response,MadMax. Is it necessary to change parameters just to get the aircraft off the pavement? I don't mind that the aircraft's physics are a little weird, I just want to get them up off the ground(while they're getting ready to take off). If it's necessary to change alot of things to make the aircraft fly to scale, I'll live with the "submarining" effect I see.
I've had the pleasure of flying a 60 scale CAP-21 for 3 years or so, and some other fairly high performance aircraft also, with little "re-kitting". Realflight has been very enjoyable for me to get back in the groove.
Thanks, MadMax.
talk to you, later.

[This message was edited by hobiewan on 05-07-02 at .]

Just increase the length of the landing gear
a little at a time till you get it to where you
want it. It's not exact that way but still flys
right.

I fly everything there is. I crash all that I have. (Sometimes) And I always pick up my trash.

That ol' sinking feeling!

AC, you did good. I went to my edit and lengthened th LG and whoopeedoopee I can see the wheels. I was putzing around with a very large A-10 and everything is hunky dory. Yea I know, it ain't scale but if I'm having a good time what the heck! My wife loves this program because I'm not bugging her when I'm flying. By the way, I was reading the "pro-pilot"'s remarks about the people that offer their assistance on this site and if he don't like it, he can stuff it. I've learned alot on this site, thanks to people like you and Al.
C-YA!:)

Thank you. What a nice comment on the situation.

Happy air trails...

I fly everything there is. I crash all that I have. (Sometimes) And I always pick up my trash.

Back