Which BestBuy computer will work?

NJKEV

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/computers-pcs/abcat0500000.c?id=abcat0500000

Howdy,

I have a new cheap laptop that I purchased, but read that most will not be compatible. I'm not a computer expert, was wondering if anyone can look at bestbuy com and recommend a computer that will work for realflight 7, doesn't have to be a lap top.

Or maybe there is another web sight that sell computers already made that one can order.

Thanks in advance to any one who can make a recommendation.

Start Here and look for either a machine with a dedicated GPU ( e.g. Nvidia x60 or better such as a 960, etc. ) and preferably both an SSD drive and a hard drive.

"Gaming" machines are your best bet for good performance.

You can also choose one WITHOUT a GPU and add your own or a better one than what is provided in the bundled systems.

This is a bit backwards.... you should pick a computer and ask what the guys here think about it. You need to do the shopping. It might take a cycle or two, but there is no way we can guess your situation.

If you are going to BB, I suggest you print out "RealFlight System Requirements", and ask a sales rep. for help. This is what I did in 2011, and got a compatible laptop. ($999.99) (I started at the Geek Squad counter, and they sent me to sales)
Here's the link to print out. http://www.realflight.com/system.html You want something that fulfills the OPTIMAL requirements, at least. You don't Have to buy, you can just take notes, and check back. You might also try calling BB customer service, and talk to them. That way you don't have to feel obligated to buy, whats presently "in store". (Tell them where to find the System Requirements link)
If you haven't purchased RealFlight yet, I highly recommend The InterLink Elite Controller Edition : http://www.realflight.com/products/gpmz4520.html Check the forums, and I think you'll find its the BEST choice.

Last edited:
The Realflight system requirements is a bit dated now-a-days. It really needs an update.

The good news is you can get some great "rip snorting" systems for a reasonable price if you spend more than what an entry level computer goes for.

Some of us here have built our own gaming machines... you can spend as much on gaming video cards as you do on the computer, but never forget, if you are buying a stock machine, the power supply will likely need to be upgraded to work with the additional power needed for the video game cards. I would say that min $1k expended to get a game system if you are careful. A lot of us here have a demanding appetite for FPS and Tri's.

I use a Dell Alienware 17 without the external graphics adapter. I ordered it directly from dell.com. The frame rates are great running RF 7.5.

I just completely build my own systems now. You'll end up with a machine that is completely catered to your needs and chances are, you'll own a system you build longer than a pre-built system. I built my computer almost four years ago now and it is still loads faster than any newer computer in our home.

If you choose to build your own it is a little intimidating if you've never done it before or if it has been a very long time since your last build. Consult with others that have experience building their own PC from the ground up and they'll help you get everything you need plus help find and rule out incompatible components.

Back