Which software for Pivot creation?

jeffpn said:
If I recall, I understood the hierarchy in Blender. I like Wings for the model generation. If you could cover just the pivots moving and rotating using Blender, that's all I'd need. Thanks!

I need to do some work to figure out how the pivots work between Blender and RF.

In Blender, you want to select the vertices on the control surface where it should pivot. Then, send the 3d cursor to center on that selection. Tab into object mode and then set the object data to center on the 3d cursor.

These are done using Shift+S in edit mode and object mode.

Now, what I don't know is what axis RF will use for the pivot. If it uses "X" for all objects, you can use a combination of object mode and edit mode rotations. If you rotate in Object mode, the pivot (and the X/Y/Z data) rotate with the object. If you rotate in edit mode, the pivot remains fixed.

So, just rotate in Object mode until the pivot is lined up properly, then go to edit mode and rotate until the surface is back in the original position.

When you are done, "R X X" should rotate the object around the local "X" axis at the pivot point.

Back