Who wants more engines to choose from?

Do you think it is time for some new engines?

• I only fly gliders.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kmot said:
I disagree.

We need the visual part of the engines as well. I don't want to mod a plane that has a single cylinder engine visible, with the sound of a five cylinder radial. When I click on "show engine" and it has been modified to have the radial sound I would like to also have the radial visual with it. :)

Good idea!

While I understand that this would be harder to do (unless the engine 3D model could be seperated from the user created plane....)...

KE could release a "module" for 3Dstudio that includes the engine model/definitions for the various engine types.

That could provide say, a 4 stroke, a 2 stroke and an electric (optionally a radial, 2, 4 cylinder) engine already defined that people could import into their own 3DS planes.

That way we would end up with selectable engine representations much like the Trainer does.

For those who haven't tried this, change the trainer to "electric" in the physics editor then click on "engine to show" to change the plane's visuals from a glow to an electric engine...

HX3D014 said:
Dude. quick Edit you statement. ITS NOT A GAME!
we all Acknowledge its training aspects and call it a Simulation..

If you change i will deleate this message. so long as no one else adds a post after regarding.

Whether you like it or not some people do think of this as a game (Not me).
I have always called it a sim and have used it as such. To jump down a persons throat that has only posted twice and correctly is a bit rude don't you think?
Seems like the kind of stuff that turns people off to this forum and starts arguments
over nothing. This could send a prefectly good thread in the wrong direction. Just my two cents.

TN..

Last edited:
No. You must be reading anamosity into my post. Lighten up TN
I am known to welcom new people. I most cretainly was not jumping down any throughts. SIM is what i call it so my Wife thinks it is of some use.
and if she reads the word game. she will tell me it is.

NE way.
what part of reading the Form of addressing the person did you think would set one into beleif that my post was of a Chastise or malis or not welcome.

Dont worry. you jumped down my throught a couple of time. and why you did may have been valid. but why you still jumping down mine. TN I thank you for you concern that i may appear Harsh. and i thank you for your concern for the person you feel i have offended or whatever.
How ever.
I was not talking to you.

I have a smile on my face. lol. get off my back.

For all those who have not read it yet. Here is my spin.

I have seen many mention it is a game. I stated my View. My coment re Quick was . a SHhhhh... you can be my friend. But people in here have mentiond the DONT call it a game. so if it was a genuine miscalll. You and I will be the only ones who see. (Its all to late now. Thanks for the flavour TN) . TN You compleatly spun it around. How you logicaly came to that asumption is Bafeling me.

You know what they say about Assume!

well count me out.

gotswrv said:
I would really like to see the popular ducted fans get put into the game.

There isn't really any detailed enough info out there to create your own. You can guess off pictures, but that seems to give unrealistic performance. If you guess off thrust amperage claims that results in less performance that would be expected...
IF you took it the way TN mentione. Well I would be sorry. (Was not my intention)
You see what i mean though. about Quick. hehe.

Ducted fans. i would assume, have a batter performance. Though they do have an increase in frontal drag in each fin, so there may be a loss there.
there are a lot of Fin designs that would come into play. so knowing just the best performace and average and worst. you could calebrate a range.
Other factors would br Shroud drag effects when Idle any gliding. Many more.

I would like to put some on the wolf Spyder ;)

Radio controlled models are toys and RF is a game. Sure it is a game that helps you fly your toys btu it is non the less a game.

Rat said:
Radio controlled models are toys and RF is a game. Sure it is a game that helps you fly your toys but it is none the less a game.
if RC Models are toys. then why do we call them RC Models?

IF RF is a Game. then whats you best score?
What level did you get up to?
Sure you can use RC Models to play games with. (But they are not Toys. Read your manual)
and sure you can PLAY online. but you need the simulation to do so.

Yes it is a View point.
this could go on. so lets leave it. back to the thread.

Rat said:
Radio controlled models are toys and RF is a game. Sure it is a game that helps you fly your toys btu it is non the less a game.
It's Warbird all over again, but, back to the thread

:D More Engines! More sounds! More everything! The more, the better! :D

HX3D014 said:
For all those who have not read it yet. Here is my spin.

I have seen many mention it is a game. I stated my View. My coment re Quick was . a SHhhhh... you can be my friend. But people in here have mentiond the DONT call it a game. so if it was a genuine miscalll. You and I will be the only ones who see. (Its all to late now. Thanks for the flavour TN) . TN You compleatly spun it around. How you logicaly came to that asumption is Bafeling me.

You know what they say about Assume!

well count me out.

Sorry mate,

I did'nt mean to hit a nerve, lets just get back to the thread. Just throwing it out there.

TN..

HX3D014 said:
If RC Models are toys, then why do we call them RC Models?

IF RF is a Game. then whats your best score?

What level did you get up to?

LOL!

Rat lighten up.

The whole GAME versus simulation was done as a JOKE.

Even the "jumping down someone's throat" about this was a jest.

Besides if it's a "game" then why complain about the physics modeling as you have?

Would you complain as voiciferously if a shooter didn't permit you to smash windows?

Back