who wants to make a CAD file for.......

tomascratch

who's in the mood to make a 3Dhobbyshop 89'' 50cc slick? ... i need a good 89'' 3dhs slick EA. i can do the editing, but id like to see someone do this plane... whos in? :) i re worded this as some didnt like the word challenge...

Last edited:
How about some pitures, specs, or maybe even a link to what you are wanting? Thats going to be your best bet to arousing interest in your request.

If you want to tempt a modeler, you're not going to do it by calling it a challenge. Aside from the fact that your model is already available, you have not done as suggested by phrank to post 3-views and other specifications about the plane. Very seldomly you'll intrigue a modeler to spend the time to build something that's already available. (Ironically, I'm doing exactly that right now.) I had no idea what a Slick was, so I did a little research. I included a picture for you.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1307052769.jpg
    ScreenShot1307052769.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 11
You have provided so much helpfull material, I don't see how anyone could possibly turn down such an inticeing offer!

jeffpn said:
If you want to tempt a modeler, you're not going to do it by calling it a challenge. Aside from the fact that your model is already available, you have not done as suggested by phrank to post 3-views and other specifications about the plane. Very seldomly you'll intrigue a modeler to spend the time to build something that's already available. (Ironically, I'm doing exactly that right now.) I had no idea what a Slick was, so I did a little research. I included a picture for you.

ahhh screw it... thanks guys for all you great help. im gonna get g5 and get the actual model. wow, i like KE aleready :confused:

I'm just trying to help you, kid. I'm often looking for something to model. Generally, I won't do something that's already available. I'll never do any requests where the person wanting the model won't produce 3-views and other required information.

I don't work for KE. I am a customer, just like you.

jeffpn said:
I'm just trying to help you, kid. I'm often looking for something to model. Generally, I won't do something that's already available. I'll never do any requests where the person wanting the model won't produce 3-views and other required information.

I don't work for KE. I am a customer, just like you.

no no i understand, just thought id try because there isnt one for G4, the best way to go is just get the freekin G5, and expantion pack7. id use it alot anyway.

thanks guys and God bless,
Tomas

With so many YAK’s and Edge clones out there the few modelers here can not make a new model every time some one changes the cowl a bit or the shape of the tail and markets it as a whole new redesigns RC you must have. There are some many variants on the swaps for the Yaks and edges. One is surely close that you can tweak it a bit to your likings.

Don’t forget G4 and g4.5 will run 90% of the G3 and G3.5 models. some time a slight CG adjustment is needed or an engine change.

GL

I nominate this thread for the worst aircraft request of all time. If not the worst, it at least deserves an honorable mention.

So you want someone to dedicate 40-100 hours of their time to your wants (especially when it already exists)... come on guys, think about it. Do some homework and then help the modeler out with what ever you can contribute to the project. These guys do these for FREE, so you need to at least show your gratitude for what you can get.

Once the EA (entire aircraft) is produced, it is somewhat easy to re-paint the skin to your needs and produce a CS (color scheme) file. Not the right size? you can adjust the physics such as the weights and aircraft dimensions and control areas. Adjust the engine and prop to produce an AV (aircraft variant) file. With the original EA file you can produce almost any (non-visual) aircraft change you want to make.... foamy mini to giant scale 50%

Last edited:
Back