Why all the atitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsteege

I would like to voice an observation I’ve noticed on this forum. First of all the information is great, the content is great, but the atitudes can leave a bad taste in your mouth.

A lot of the time when newbies ask a redundant question, voice a problem or question without researching the forum, or for the most part offer an opinion different than most long time users, they are quickly belittled, put down, or basicly told to shut up, don’t be stupid or well Duh Dumb ---!!!

Like most people when you are wanting to find information about a problem you are having, you want help and most of all not to be discouraged by the “experts” that you are going to for help.

Now don’t get me wrong, sometimes it is deserved, but why not let the KE admins remove the junk posts and clean up the trash. It is their servers and forum.
I would like to see experts helping newbies, so someday newbies might also become experts .

Sorry about the long post, and I am sure this will heat up a few of you, but dang it, this is a great place for information and the negitivity needs to be curbed.
And yes I am going to post this in both the G4 and G3 sections of the forum, just so everyone know I am going to double post this.

Just my $.02.

Terry

I hope that you are wearing your Nomex suit :D Yes, I agree with you 100%. I know that there are a few that get tired of reading the same questions over & over, but there are some noobies that are not familiar with the forums. Instead of putting them down & what have you, be kind, give them the links, help, ect... instead of telling them it is there if you would just search. I mean, they may not know exactly what or how to do a proper search.

You see this on most forums. I used to be that noobie on RCGroups, now I get a little irritated. We have to remember where we came from.

I think that the best way to handle the new redundant questions (oxymoron?) is to search it for them and politely tell them you did it and post the results. That will tell them that they can do a search, how easy it is, and maybe they will feel just a little embarrassed that they did not do it themselves. The they will do it themselves next time.

Like Gregg said, it gets old answering the same questions over and over again. At the same time, judging by your post counts, it doesn't look like any of you are answering any of these oft repeated questions, as it seems all of you are suggesting we do.

jeffpn said:
Like Gregg said, it gets old answering the same questions over and over again. At the same time, judging by your post counts, it doesn't look like any of you are answering any of these oft repeated questions, as it seems all of you are suggesting we do.

Nice display of attitude.
I have a high post count and answer lots of questions on the other forum. I have asked a couple of questions on this forum, and yes, I searched it before I did. I am new to this forum.

I can understand that a lot of questions are asked over and over and it can be frustrating, but you don't have to be sarcastic about it.

If you are upset about a guys thread, leave, go to another thread and allow someone else with more patience and tolerance to respond to that post or thread.

I have my own forums as well, all new members are warned by a first time registration email about our zero tolerance regarding sarcasm and attitude on my boards.

Another problem we have, lots of immature kids with 0 respect for either themselves or others trying to make an image for themselves by trying o be nasty.

We who have the knowledge base to facilitate assistance should be a bit more tolerant for the guys who are now trying to learn.

Last edited:
jeffpn said:

How can he answer all the repetitive questions if he is a noobie himself?

Post count means nothing, its better to have 10 intelligent, informative and mature posts contributing to the forums, than a high post count of 10,000 idiotic senseless sarcastic ones, keeping the mods busy by having to delete them.

I wish all admins disable post counts because many think it's a big status thing, which encourages senseless posting. Some have a target to meet on a daily basis.

Last edited:
jeffpn said:

Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about, as well as the reply he made in the G3.5 section to this thread.

I have decided to use a function on this forum called IGNORE USER on people who like to provoke others. I would rather not even see any of their "help", and view only worthwhile posts, even if they might have good info at times to share. I know there are enough friendly people out there that can help me.

Tsteege, if I were you I would just stick to the forum which relates to the version of Real Flight I have. The forums here are small so your views will be observed, you do not need to post them on all the chat categories.

Now lets talk some G4 modding :D

Here......Here!

Seems like i started a fire? Just to set the record strait i am not a newbie. I'm 46yo , been flying helis & airplanes since 1988. Seems to me all of you are correct. I should not have posted in 2 columns. But my intent was to get more exposure,figuring some of you only read 1 or the other,generating as many opinions as possible? Well........seems like ive succeeded. Those of you saying that we should be more tolerant, are also correct! Keep in mind , one of the AMA's top priorities is to keep young people interested in our hobby. Strength in numbers. That speaks for itself. I'ts always bothered me, since 1988, i think,(gettin old ya'know) that theres a certain element of people, that belittle newcomers into our hobby. Which in turn does not grow our hobby, but makes this element feel superior? ( which when all the cards are on the table, the opposite is generally true) I think this is just a sad fact of life & is true in any social gathering, online or otherwise. Those who are truely intelligent dont need to belittle to reinforce thier fragile ego. Theres my 2 cents & your phycology lesson for today........JACKD

ps. I'm not gonna post this any where else. Dont think i could remember what i just said anyway? :confused:

The anonymity of internet forums tends to bring out the worst (manners) in people, unfortunately. From an admin stand point it would be impossible to moderate "bad attitude". I would suggest doing what you have done - use the ignore user feature for those users you don't want to hear from.

Closing this thread because I feel that further discussion will only lead to an arguement and the point has been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back