Will Anyone Make These Aircraft

fender1

will anyone make these (Dornier do-x 6-engine sea plane)------------------------and the Boeing (Super Guppy)

Attachments

• Dornier_Do-X_0004[1].jpg
    Dornier_Do-X_0004[1].jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Beluga1[1].jpg
    Beluga1[1].jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 9
Make sure you ask at least once a day, every day. Maybe twice on Sundays. I've often said that if there was ever a plane that I wanted really bad, that the desire to have it would give me the inspiration and the dedication to learn the modeling process. Few modelers here had ANY 3D experience before they made a plane for RF. Most were just like you.

It is an honest progresion in post though, from "can anyone make" ... to "will anyone make".
Perhaps if you first explained why you want such unusual models you might get a more receptive response as they are pretty different and therefore may not be high on most designers priority list. Of course mabey its just me, because I still have trouble understanding why anyone would want an RC sim to have first person cockpit cameras and multiplayer gun battles, yet here we are, G5 pilots across the globe are gleefully tearing up the sky streaming bullets at each other with RC Tx in hand instead of a joystick in a combat sim. :eek: So for all I know someone could be hashing out a guppy as we speak. :)

Way back in the days of flat box poly visual models and wireframe scenery (dating myself) I wanted a more realistic Cessna, so I taught myself how to hex edit MSFS and made a terrible mess of it. Low and behold one of the original designers took pitty on my shoddy work and polished up my code into exactly what I was trying to do. I learned more than I ever feel I could repay from his picking apart my efforts, fixing it and telling me where I went wrong then I could ever repay.
And now decades later I'm still always learning but can bash out a model in no time flat and I get exactly what I at least want every time. :) The point is, as jeffpn said, perhaps if you put the effort in to kickstart the project, even if you make a terrible mess of it someone will be inspired to either help you out and you could learn a ton and enjoy the fruits of your labor.. or at least take pity and see it built out to the conclusion for you. Either way you win and it can be vastly rewarding.

This is as close as your going to get to the Dornier, here is a Dornair Do-24ATT.

It's on Exp Pack #5.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1267377515.jpg
    ScreenShot1267377515.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1267377710.jpg
    ScreenShot1267377710.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
fender1...please request aircraft in the "Request Aircraft Here'' threads
most modelers look for new projects there .....and you may get a quicker response

Two Dornier's are hardly "many"different types
the one from Expansion Pack 5 shown by norton is indeed as close as you're going to get to the Dornier you are asking for in RF(For now)
And this is the only other Dornier that I'm aware of in RF....
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/10150

fender1 said:
No There Are Many Diffrent Types Of Dornier Do's
Every experimental Dornier .....or ones that made it to to production was known as a DO-??
Sure they built many different types .......but RF only has 2 of them
BTW...all german WWII era aircraft were identified by the Manufacturer
Arado -AR
Bayerische Flugzeugwerk BF
Dornier -Do
Focke Wulf -Fw
Gotha -Go
Heinkel- He
Henschel- Hs
Junkers -Ju
Siebel- Si
Messerschmitt- ME
and a few others
A classic example of this is both the BF-109 and the ME-109

Last edited:
Ok sorry ...but does the do-335 for 3.5 and the same Do-335 for 4.5 really count as 2 diff. ones?? theres still only 2 :D

Last edited:
fender1 said:
No There Are Many Diffrent Types Of Dornier Do's

Do you understand the time that goes into making a plane like the Dornier?

I think the Guppy would be a lot easier being that it only has two engines.

Give the guppy a try first if you want it.

Also the Dornier Do-X had 12 engines,(six tractor propellers and six pushers) if you want to get picky.

I thought I'd double post since you like too.

Last edited:
my 3dsmax is not will not work with the kemax they do not make a 2010 kemax :(
so i cant make one i can only convert and edit :(

Build the plane to the point of needing 3dsmax and maybe one of the modelers will give you a hand with a working version of 3dsmax and get it into the sim?

Never know.

Norton said:
Build the plane to the point of needing 3dsmax and maybe one of the modelers will give you a hand with a working version of 3dsmax and get it into the sim?

Never know.

You bet, just like Norton said ,build it in 2010 and send it to me and I would be happy to output it using 2009 or 2007 and send it back to you.. There ya go, no excuses I can't wait to see the DO in RF. :D

fender1 said:
will anyone make these (Dornier do-x 6-engine sea plane)------------------------and the Boeing (Super Guppy)
i'll make you both planes and they would be the best you'd ever seen, if jeffpn agrees to quit the forum

fender1 said:
my 3dsmax is not will not work with the kemax they do not make a 2010 kemax :(
so i cant make one i can only convert and edit :(

There is a kex maker that will work with all versions of a Max 3ds file......dos version 3ds2kex.. I cant for the life of me understand why this is not used more by these guys waiting for KeMax for the newer max. :confused: I use the dos version all the time. Just need to brush up on dos command line prompt and learn Notepad...

A little more effort than the max exporter? maybe.... maybe not.. never know until you try..

brentg said:
There is a kex maker that will work with all versions of a Max 3ds file......dos version 3ds2kex.. I cant for the life of me understand why this is not used more by these guys waiting for KeMax for the newer max. :confused: I use the dos version all the time. Just need to brush up on dos command line prompt and learn Notepad...

A little more effort than the max exporter? maybe.... maybe not.. never know until you try..

Probably because, when we wern't looking, anything old school like command lines, hex editing, output switches or even building an actual kit model from a stack of balsa and covering it yourself, have fallen into the catagory of black arts and "voodoo". :eek: :rolleyes:

DryFly said:
Probably because, when we wern't looking, anything old school like command lines, hex editing, output switches or even building an actual kit model from a stack of balsa and covering it yourself, have fallen into the catagory of black arts and "voodoo". :eek: :rolleyes:

Old school...Black arts...I don't know if I would go that far :confused: If I was a budding modeler with a Max version un-supported and stuck in the mud, not having a way to get the model to Real Flight, This IS a option that is here and is not a secret nor rocket science. No Hex edit, switches,glue needed...If ones skills in dos at the command line can change a directory and type 3ds2kex plus the 3dsfilename , one can make a kex that will import, and just edit the sup file after Kex is made with some minor adjustments and one is good to go. No Voodoo required..... ;)

Last edited:
Actually for most "budding modelers", I'd say that getting a usable KEX export is the least of their problems. Get to that point and by then there may be a solution, or you can either ask someone else for assistance or learn to use the command-line version.

dhk79 said:
Actually for most "budding modelers", I'd say that getting a usable KEX export is the least of their problems. Get to that point and by then there may be a solution, or you can either ask someone else for assistance or learn to use the command-line version.

Agreed...My mailbox is always open if I am not to busy with a project, maybe I scare em off with Dos conversion voodoo.... :D

Back