will the ADD-ON packs work with G4?

STANG KILLA SS said:
i have G2 lite, and have two of the add-on packs (not expansion packs) and i just bought G4, will they work with G4?

jbourke said:
Unfortunately, the older Add Ons just couldn't be reworked to fit into G4's way of doing things. We are still looking into some way of making these packs available to RealFlight G4 customers.

Just out of couriosity, since you have G4, have you tried loading them? What error message did you get?

Last edited:
This question is all over the G4 forums. It's like people will keep asking the question until they get the answer they want to hear. :mad:

opjose said:
You cannot export them in G2 or G3 to thereby load them into G4.

I must be missing something ... I'm not asking to "export" them. I'm asking to load Add-on disc 1 through 5 (or 6 whatever it is) to G4.

I understand that KE has said that they're not supported. But, if you can load an expansion pack, why can't you load an Add-on disc - and if you did try to load an add-on disc what error message would you get - if any?

KE has stated that the discs - "... couldn't be reworked to fit into G4's way of doing things. We are still looking into some way of making these packs available to RealFlight G4 customers." Okay, so I don't want the whole "pack" ... since they're looking into ways to make the packs available ... why couldn't the customer load them and then modify the individual components? - a lot of the planes and heli's are the same as in the Expansion Packs ... aren't they?

Just to put an end to this, I risked messing up my G4 installation to try it for you. The answer is "No you do not get an error message". Then again it doesn't work either...

Johndou said:
I must be missing something ... I'm not asking to "export" them. I'm asking to load Add-on disc 1 through 5 (or 6 whatever it is) to G4.

I understand that KE has said that they're not supported. But, if you can load an expansion pack, why can't you load an Add-on disc - and if you did try to load an add-on disc what error message would you get - if any?

KE has stated that the discs - "... couldn't be reworked to fit into G4's way of doing things. We are still looking into some way of making these packs available to RealFlight G4 customers." Okay, so I don't want the whole "pack" ... since they're looking into ways to make the packs available ... why couldn't the customer load them and then modify the individual components? - a lot of the planes and heli's are the same as in the Expansion Packs ... aren't they?

The Add-on pack contents is protected by the securerom encryption/protection system.

Securerom was a NIGHTMARE! ( Oh the horror!!!! ).

Fortunately KE saw fit to eliminate the frequent disk checks etc. If you go to the older messages you can view the bloody carnage that this system created and still does.

Since G4 does not currently support the required drivers, formates, etc., what happens is that even if you explicitly point the installer to the G4 folders, G4 simply doesn't see the add-ons.

You get NO error. They simply do not appear.

Some people believe ( erroneously ) that since you can export aircraft, you can likewise export the add-on pack aircraft and then re-import them into G4, hence my response...

And no the helis and planes in the add-ons are purposely different than those in the expansion packs... ( actually it's the other way around... ).

So KE must either supply support for the older planes ( which I hope that they don't! ) or provide "updated" planes ( maybe in one big package ? ) that replace the older add-ons.

The add-on's Skybolt for instance, is not as good as the newer planes designed for G3 & G4.

I'd love to see it reworked and updated, along with the rest of the planes.

thanks for the responces guys. looks like ill have to put the add on discs on ebay with the G2. shame really :( there were some great planes and helis in there, that id already paid for :(

Thanks opjose - now I understand. Thank you for the taking the time to explain it as well.

Securerom :eek:

Oh the horror!!!! :eek: :eek:

You can hold on to them a little longer to see if KE figures out a way to make them compatible.

maybe a good idea. does anyone know if the G2 controler "usb interlink controler by futaba" will work for a second controller for 2 player in G4?

Back