Win Vista 64 bit - G3.5? Win 7 - G3.5?

Desert Flyer

Okay, so after installing Realflight G3.0 on my new Computer which is running Vista 64 bit, I tried to install the 3.5 update, however it gets about half way through and then tells me i'm running an unsupported operating system and quits.

Is there anyway around this? Short of partitioning one of my hard drives and installing XP 32bit?

What about Windows 7? Will the 3.5 update install on windows 7 64 bit?

I assume that G4 works on 64 bit operating systems, however that's not a route I can travel as I can't justify buying a new controller and program for the amount it goes for when I've bought G3 and hardly spent anytime in it to begin with (nor can I honestly afford it anyway).

Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Okay, I think it's all good now.

Apparently the "fix" is to allow the simulation to update itself, instead of downloading the 3.5 update (I'm on vista, and I've not tried it on my Windows 7 rc partition, so I can't speak for windows 7), and install itself.

There is something in the "downloadable" version of the 3.5 update that doesn't like 64 bit operating systems, or should I only say, that it doesn't like my Vista 64 bit operating system. But the sims self updater told me that it installed the update and now iM off to try it.

Back later when Im sure I can actually play it too.

Yup, it's all good now. Strange that the downloadable 3.5 update wouldn't install on 64 bit OS, but the one the sim downloads does. Oh well, at least it works now.

Last edited:
Win 7 64 Bit G4 Updates fail

I have Win 7 64 bit and the two G4 updates downloaded give the "incompatible with 64 bit" errors. It doesn't matter if I change the administrative rights.

I have problem to upgrade my G3 in my Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
i just can running in G3 without upgrade, Mayby have 64 bit version ?
thanks

Huh?

LEGITIMATE copies of G3 install and update just fine under Windows 7 64bit.

I have NO problems running it.

Last edited:
Back