Windows 10 Problems

Leading Edge

I am trying to use a old RF classic that I originally bought new years ago with windows 10. I finally got the program to open but I am have some issues and sort them out. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

When opening I first get a warning. "There is lees than 1592.4mb free space left on your drive. You should clear up at least 20mb for best performance".

Once I click ok, the programs starts to open and I get a error: One or more of the parameters passed to the function are incorrect. File: L:\recflight\KELibRun\directdraw\DXDirectInput.cpp Line 574.

Once I click ok on that one, I get error. Error initializing joystick interface. Once I click for that the program looks to somewhat open.

I am using the original serial control and usb adapter that I used years ago. It does not appear to be linked up, as I see no response when trying to calibrate. It uses a radio shack adapter and I have tried all 4 settings on it.

Any help would be great thanks.

Check your drive space. You may have it almost maxed out. I recommend moving the partition between the C and D or C and E drives depending on your setup.

The problem is that you are trying to use hardware that is no longer supported in windows. Microsoft has dropped support for gameports and gameport adapters since around windows 7. Best course of action is to upgrade to a newer version of realflight, or purchase a 20 year old PC and use that instead. :)

That's what I was thinking. I have a few older units laying around, just hoping to keep this simple and tidy and not have to run 2 systems.

That's what I was thinking. I have a few older units laying around, just hoping to keep this simple and tidy and not have to run 2 systems.

I still have a custom pc built in 2001 I use to play nostalgic games from back then.. Sometimes it's fun to play on hardware from the period.

Installing the program as Administrator will stop the insufficient drive space message , I spent the weekend messing about with it and finally got it running .

Back