Windows 7 x64

I had previously made a thread about this. You can find it using the search function. Basically I have been testing RF to the limits since the W7 Beta. Now on the release candidate. I've had RF open along with 3ds max and GIMP at the same time to work on an aircraft I think at one time I also had wings open for some reason. No hiccups. Smooth as butter. No problems installing, running, using features. Performance... to me seemed a bit faster. Faster start up and airport loads. 3d fields also seemed to have a few more frame rates compared to Vista. Overall the move should be seamless. You do not even have to run RF in compatibility mode.

Being a Microsoft Partner and reseller I have the final release and I'm going to install it soon. I'll report back.

-Scotty T.

Ok, i've installed the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Build 7600

No issue and the graphics are moving smooth.

I'll keep updating as I go along, but so far a big thumbs up.

Everything still seems to be working well. I'm getting a slight choppyness sometims, It might be related to hardware limitations but i'm not sure.

Thoughts?

If the graphics card has too much to render at one time, you'll get choppiness. That typically occurs when flying around your spawn point, or if there are alot of ground objects on the screen.

I am running on Windows 7 x64 final version and for the most part all is well.
Better frame rates than XP or Vista on the same hardware.

There are times where I had to restart RF because of the sound not working.
But this also used to happen on Vista 64 as well on my machine.
It doesnt happen often, maybe once in every 15 times or so.

Last edited:
akz28 said:
I am running on Windows 7 x64 final version and for the most part all is well.
Better frame rates than XP or Vista on the same hardware.

There are times where I had to restart RF because of the sound not working.
But this also used to happen on Vista 64 as well on my machine.
It doesnt happen often, maybe once in every 15 times or so.

I'm dealing with the same issue. Can understand it. From time to time I get no sound. Any ideas how to fix this.

This happend in Vista 32 bit. I thought it would go away but it's also happening in Windows 7 64-bit

Are you using audio that is integrated into the motherboard?

( Shame on you if you do!!! UGH!! )

Or a separate audio card?

Do as it says here: Click me!

And upload the results to this thread.

Back