Wing tilt visual rotates opposite to the physics about x axis

bduva002

Hello all,
I am making a tilt wing model in blender. I rotated the plane so the nose of the aircraft pointed down the y-axis. However in real flight when I tell the wing to pivot about x, this physics wing dose pivot about x but the visual wing pivots about the y-axis of the physics model. Do I have to transform something in blender before exporting and not just rotate the model?

Edit: I figured it out, I needed to apply the rotation by selecting all then click object, apply, rotation

Last edited:
I leave the export setting default in blender which maybe something is different in a different version of blender.

if this does not help. make sure the red axis is pointed toward the right wing for most every thing except the rudder control surfaces and maybe the landing gear if a specific rotation is needed on one axis

edit also a picture is worth a thousand word. as i am slightly confused about which axis it is rotating because the title says the opposite of x and the paragraph says y

2021-02-27 07_37_41-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_test p-51_TestP-51.blend].png

Back