Work A Rounds For The Airport Export Bug

Aircraft Master

I know that many people are not happy about the 3D Airport Export Bug, but there is a few work a rounds. This bug is caused by an export corruption, the current cause of this is unknown (I thank Haole for finding that out!). I am posting this thread to share these work a rounds. Hopefully, these will increase the amount of people sharing their airports.
SOLUTION #1 (For G4.0 only, but will be updated for G4.5, works)
#1: When the airport is loaded completely, click the "Simulation" tab.
#2: Go to Manage User Files...
#3: Click the plus on Airports > Click the Plus on Sierra Nevada (If the airport was a PhotoField, click the plus on PhotoFields, if it was from an expansion pack, click the expansion pack it was from) > click the ~multiplayer (or ~multiplayer 1 or ~multiplayer 2 or ~multiplayer 3 ect. file.
#4: Click "Copy" then type in a name.
#5: Then that airport may start loading after you exit the Manage User Files Folder. If not, go and select in the airport selection box.

As you can see, using this fix, an airport can only be shared by multiplayer means. Also, coordinates are different, but the airports looks like there in the same location and the objects aren’t spread everywhere.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION #2 (Possibly for both G4 Versions, if it works)
Note: Please PM me if you want to be a Guinea Pig (Guinea Pigs must have G4.5 to try this first) to try this, post the results in the fourm.
#1: Download the .rfx file, the Zip containing the .rfairport file, and the .rfobject file, and unzip.
#2: Import the .rfx file.
#3: Turn off RealFlight.
#4: Pull up a fold that has the RealFlight “Airports” folder open. (RealFlight G4 > Scenery > Airports)
#5: Open the default Multi Runway Airport.rfairport file using wordpad. Then open up the one I have posted below.
#6: Copy the text from MY .rfairport file. Then DELETE ALL THE TEXT IN THE DEFAULT .rfairport FILE, AND REPLACE IT WITH THE ONE YOU COPIED FROM MINE. SAVE THE EDITED FILE. DO THE SAME WITH THE Multi Runway Airport.rfobjects FILE (open both .rfobjects files with wordpad, delete the text in the default .rfobjects file and replace it with the text from my .rfobjects file. Save the changes to the default file.
#7: Boot up RealFlight and report your findings here.
If this method works, there could be another easy work around for this bug.
I will continue to post work a rounds as more are found.

Attachments

• Multi Runway Airport_AP.RFX
    167.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Multi Runway Airport Files.zip
    15 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The later updates for G4.5 fixed the Export bug that caused shifting of the airport and objects.

This is different than the EDITOR bug, which corrupts airport hiearchies as you edit the airports.

As long as people are using .050 the above is not needed.

Back