WS1000 Dongle Support

dja2424

I couldn't find it in the specs or discussion so far . . . Is the WS1000 dongle supported in RealFlight 9?

Thanks, dja2424

Answered my own question

Looks like they updated the WS1000 dongle description. Reads as follows:

Compatible Simulators*
RealFlight 9
RealFlight 8 (including Horizon Hobby Edition)
DRL (Drone Racing League) Simulator
LiftOff FPV Simulator
HotProps FPV Simulator
AeroFly RC Simulator
VMach Media FPV Event PE
VelociDrone FPV Racing Simulator
Android - Absolute RC Plane Sim
Android - FPV FreeRider

* Known incompatible simulator software:
Realflight 7.5 and below
Realflight X
Phoenix RC Simulator 5 and below

I can confirm the WS1000 is supported in RealFlight 9.

Basically, RF9 has the exact same level of controller support as RF8, plus enhanced support for the InterLink DX and some other controller mapping improvements.

For example, you can now combine two buttons to behave as a tri-state control. This is used a lot in the new InterLink DX radio profile, but it can also be helpful if you're using a controller with fewer than 4 axes. On a gamepad, for example, you could map the left and right shoulder buttons to the rudder. It would be centered most of the time, and pressing a button would give you full deflection in that direction. It's not ideal, clearly, but would be preferable to having no rudder at all, or having it stuck at full deflection.

Dongle won't go into bind mode

My computer recognizes the dongle but when I push the bind button, the light does not flicker.

My computer recognizes the dongle but when I push the bind button, the light does not flicker.

The function of the WS1000 is not something supported by Knife Edge or here on the forum, unless someone here can answer from experience, your best course of action would be to contact the manufacturer of the Hardware.

Are you pressing the button while inserting it into a USB port?

I thought forums are for the exchange of info among forum members, which even helps the mfrs check the pulse of their products. Horizon Hobby is Knife Edge.

Last edited:
Knife Edge and Horizon Hobbies are two separate companies.
Knife Edge develops the software. HH markets the software and hardware.

For Spektrum radios:

If the WS1000 is going into bind mode you need to then turn the radio on while holding the bind button or go to Bind in the menus and select it that way.

i can confirm the dongle works with Ver 9. Make sure you are pressing the button on it while inserting it. Binds like a charm

Back