WWI Targets ???

Capt FunFly

Hi,

I've been hosting "Lost Vegas Wacky Fun Fly" server for a few weeks now since I got RealFlight 9.

I like RC flying, but I also like WWI biplane combat ... so I've been playing around with shooting paintballs (they don't splat on buildings or scenery?) But I have found that chasing the buzzards in the Boneyard is fun; RealFlight 9 Crashing into Buzzards 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dt0g3rUa7I

Now I'd really like to see a fairly large WWI country side with WWI biplanes flying loops, rolls, eights, immelmans etc. as targets to fly against and shoot down out of the sky.

As for a server running, it would be fun to keep a scoreboard for each visitor similar to the gadgets that can be turned ON or OFF. Every visitor could turn ON the Scoreboard and see how all the server visitors have been doing, including themselves.

Didn't we just go over this? I feel like I have read this before...... :confused:

There are other programs that do what you want and there is a WWI biplane that you can shoot down in an expansion pack. You can add it to any map since it's a object and it flies a pattern and explodes when you shoot it.

Last edited:
Hi,

Now I'd really like to see a fairly large WWI country side with WWI biplanes flying loops, rolls, eights, immelmans etc.

My idea is that like the buzzards in the Boneyard, there would be a few airplanes flying loops and rolls and other basic evasive maneuvers that we can practice flying behind or alongside.

Adding shooting them with paintballs that you can see splat on things is another plus.

You can be wishing and wanting, or playing WWI Rise of Flight right now like I am doing. (since 2011)

I cannot see Knife Edge changing their entire system to compete with ROF. A single simulator cannot be everything to all people. That is why they focus on a market sigment. I have many sims.

You can create some fields with targets and even some exploding objects. I think that's the best you will get out of the sim. I have a target field somebody did once. It might be on swaps if you search.

When knife edge added bullets and projectiles, quite a few customers objected, as I recall. This was meant to be a simulator to help learn how to fly when standing on the ground and not another combat simulator. As time went on, KE added more views/cameras. They don't always do things that are suggested. One time I wrote a timer to be used with real flight. KE came along and added it to the software.

One thing that I have always objected to is that they do not allow anyone outside the company to make any money on their work. As a result, I refuse to upload any of my aircraft or airfields because I should be allowed to profit from my work. A lot of other sims allow users to create content and profit from purchases.

Last edited:
Formation Flight ...

Hi,

Formation flight is the 1st objective of this suggestion. Paintballs splattering on other targets (birds, airplanes, buildings, runway etc.) is the 2nd objective.

All this makes the RealFlight more interesting and fun ... in turn it can become more popular.

Imagine as you're standing there and your aircraft is coming in for a low pass and you can shoot paintballs directly ahead onto the ground, now you can see your alignment to the runway ahead of the airplane.

Another addition I'd like to do is drive a little paint truck on any scene and drop a big fat dot for precision landing practice/competitions, even setup a tall fence at some point before the dot to simulate skills needed to get a real pilots license.

Last edited:
Back