Yokes and Rudder Pedals?

elcamino121

Hello All,

I am new to the Forum, and realize that RealFlight is a great sim. :p

I was interested in adding a yoke and rudder pedals to my system, as I enjoy the cockpit view the most.

Are there any compatible units available? :confused:

Thanks in Advance,

Barry

Dunno... I suppose you could add any standard Windows Joystick as a secondary controller...

But why bother.

If you want a flight sim, try Microsoft FSX.

G3 is really oriented to be an RC sim and how often do we fly in the real world in "cockpit" view?

I think I found a solution to you dilemma :D

Attachments

• Funny 001.JPG
    Funny 001.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
WingsWest328 said:
Pedals are used in Helicopters and airplanes. They are there for the rudder on both.
Yes, I'm quite aware of what pedals in REAL aircraft are for, having soloed in my past. The pedals also steer the aircraft on the ground, even tricycle gear. Not too sure why you'd want them in RF. I do like fubar's posted pic. All those in this thread who have one say 'aye.' (Did I hear everyone??? :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
opjose said:
Dunno... I suppose you could add any standard Windows Joystick as a secondary controller...

But why bother.

If you want a flight sim, try Microsoft FSX.

G3 is really oriented to be an RC sim and how often do we fly in the real world in "cockpit" view?

I've already tried to use a Standard USB Windows Joystick (RC one). While Windows find it, it doesn't appear under RF, even if a valid Interlink controller is connected. When I asked about this I was told RF will only work with a secondary valid Intelink controller or a RC transmitter connected to the Interlink...

Seems to be for security reasons.

Yeap, then the solution would be to get an old PPM TX, rip it's guts out and wire that into a pedals arrangement...

But again, why bother?

Because, Opjose, that's how we ALL fly our radio controlled aircraft. What kind of program did you think this is, anyway? :rolleyes:

Back