Zoom functions don't work

Gentle Ben

Hello. I just bought and installed RF 7. I cannot get it to zoom in or out. I have tried everything I think of. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Try pressing Z once or twice when you enter realflight. This changes the zoom mode. You can't zoom in or out in "Keep ground in view" mode.

There are three different zoom modes: Keep Ground in View, Manual, and Autozoom. The first one, which is also the default mode, handles all the zooming for you in an effort to maintain a view of the ground at all times. Therefore, the manual zoom options only function in the other two zoom modes.

You can select zoom modes either from the View->Zoom Type menu or by pressing the 'Z' key to cycle through them, as Flare suggested.

Used to be able to zoom with the scroll wheel in 6.5 but doesn't work in 7 for me.

Haven't done any looking around to see if there's a setting I'm missing.

Regards
Michael

theluthier, I see that here as well. I filed a case to look into why that changed and whether we can restore that behavior. Thanks for pointing it out.

theluthier, I see that here as well. I filed a case to look into why that changed and whether we can restore that behavior. Thanks for pointing it out.

Looks like if you left click first, then the scroll works for zoom. Thanks to DWS for finding that. Didn't have to do that in RF 6 but at least it works.

Regards
Michael

Back