Expansion Pack 2 screenshots

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
This thread will contain some screenshots of a few select aircraft and all three airports from EP2. Antialiasing was turned on for a few of these pics, but for most it was off. I may add to these tomorrow if I have more time, or if you guys have special requests.

F-22 Raptor

The F-22 is one of the most detailed models in EP2. It has some cool features, too. It has leading edge flaps in addition to the regular variety (the leading edge flaps are non functional as far as the flight model is concerned). The F-22 also has vectored thrust that is enabled/disabled with a switch. See the composite screenshot below, which shows the nozzles in the neutral, full up, and full down positions.

Attachments

• F-22 front.jpg
    F-22 front.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 150
  • F-22 flaps.jpg
    F-22 flaps.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 130
  • F-22 underneath.jpg
    F-22 underneath.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 158
  • F-22 vectored thrust.jpg
    F-22 vectored thrust.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 151
Fury Extreme

The Fury Extreme is one of several popular helis available in EP2. If you happen to knock off the canopy during a crash, you'll notice a lot of details underneath.

Attachments

• Fury Extreme airborne.jpg
    Fury Extreme airborne.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Fury Extreme closeup.jpg
    Fury Extreme closeup.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Fury Extreme insides left.jpg
    Fury Extreme insides left.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 430
  • Fury Extreme insides right.jpg
    Fury Extreme insides right.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 178
Wolf Spyder

The Wolf Spyder is powered by 4 separate engines on 4 pods which rotate 90 degees. It has incredible acceleration, a high top speed, and is very maneuverable. Use the InterLink's knob to rotate the pods and transition from a hover to regular forward flight. The controller mixing and gyros that make it all happen under the hood are the most complex aircraft setup we've released to date, but they make the Wolf Spyder deceptively easy to pilot. The bottom line is, if you can't have fun flying this thing, there's something wrong with you. :) Here in the KE offices we can't get enough of it!

Attachments

• Wolf Spyder ground shot.jpg
    Wolf Spyder ground shot.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 719
  • Wolf Spyder takeoff.jpg
    Wolf Spyder takeoff.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 557
  • Wolf Spyder underneath.jpg
    Wolf Spyder underneath.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 444
  • Wolf Spyder vapor trails.jpg
    Wolf Spyder vapor trails.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 509
  • Wolf Spyder oops.jpg
    Wolf Spyder oops.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 449
Eclipse

This foamy was designed by competition pilot Jason Noll, who took first place with it at both the 2006 E-TOC and 2006 E-Fest. He also personally configured this model for G3 so that it flies just like the real thing. It includes Jason's color schemes from each of the aforementioned events.

Attachments

• Eclipse E-Fest scheme.jpg
    Eclipse E-Fest scheme.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Eclipse E-TOC scheme.jpg
    Eclipse E-TOC scheme.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 114
Aurora 3D

EP2 contains both a standard and a 3D version of the Avant Aurora. These screenshots show two of the three available color schemes.

Attachments

• Aurora 3D.jpg
    Aurora 3D.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Aurora 3D Blue.jpg
    Aurora 3D Blue.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 303
Pogo XFY-1

While on the ground, the Pogo XFY-1 rests on its tail in an upright position like a rocket. It takes off and lands in this position, but flies normally while airborne. Our model is set up with gyros to make landings, takeoffs, and even regular flight a little easier. Don't worry, it's still challenging. ;)

Attachments

• Pogo ground.jpg
    Pogo ground.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Pogo ruins.jpg
    Pogo ruins.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 80
Aqueduct

This scenic airport features a crumbling aqueduct that runs parallel to the lengthy runway. It's a lot of fun to see how many different ways you can shoot through the openings in this gigantic structure without crashing! And even though it seems imposing, there is still a lot of open space in which to fly. For a different vantage point, try out the pilot spawn we placed at the aquduct's very top.

Attachments

• Aqueduct.jpg
    Aqueduct.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 94
Great Planes E-Fest

The E-Fest PhotoField airport is the scene of the 2006 E-Fest hosted by Great Planes. This huge indoor flying site has plenty of space for smaller aircraft to perform 3D maneuvers and complete routines. The ceiling is 100 feet high!

Attachments

• E-Fest 1.jpg
    E-Fest 1.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 85
  • E-Fest 2.jpg
    E-Fest 2.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 88
  • E-Fest 3.jpg
    E-Fest 3.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 117
Obstacle Course 3

The latest obstacle course comes with a twist: it's situated at a construction site, and the modified figure 8 course actually leads you through the shell of the building! In fact, skilled pilots can diverge from the course and wind their way through the various levels and openings of the under-construction KE Tower, which has a completely open center section. This airport also offers a second runway that is set up for events.

The airplane in the screenshot below is the Ultrafly Radix, another foamy designed for 3D flying.

Attachments

• Obstacle Course 3.jpg
    Obstacle Course 3.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Radix through tower.jpg
    Radix through tower.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Inside KE tower.jpg
    Inside KE tower.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 77
Sweeeet!! Can't wait!!! :D

Special Request: Some PT-17 screenshots, and in particular the engine. :)

If you happen to knock off the canopy during a crash, you'll notice a lot of details underneath.

Awesome! Just awesome!!

opjose said:
Did you add a set of reversed pitch props for the Pogo?
The Pogo uses a true counter-rotating setup, which includes propellers with the proper pitch for their respective positions. It's actually using the existing Osprey props (scaled down, of course).

PT-17 Stearman

Kmot said:
Special Request: Some PT-17 screenshots, and in particular the engine. :)
Here are a few shots. They show the both color schemes (navy & army) and a closeup of the engine.

Attachments

• PT-17 navy scheme.jpg
    PT-17 navy scheme.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 74
  • PT-17 army scheme.jpg
    PT-17 army scheme.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 86
  • PT-17 engine.jpg
    PT-17 engine.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 123
KEtana

Somehow I forgot the KEtana screenshots last night! Here are some pics of this .90 size monster. It was conceived as an electric, but we included a glow version as well, and both offer incredible 3D performance. We had some fun with the color schemes. Check out that "pirate" figure! :cool:

Attachments

• KEtana Knife Edge scheme.jpg
    KEtana Knife Edge scheme.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 114
  • KEtana Knife Edge underneath.jpg
    KEtana Knife Edge underneath.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 69
  • KEtana Jolly Roger scheme.jpg
    KEtana Jolly Roger scheme.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 95
  • KEtana Jolly Roger closeup.jpg
    KEtana Jolly Roger closeup.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 120
  • KEtana Jolly Roger underneath.jpg
    KEtana Jolly Roger underneath.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 77
Oh, the PT-17 looks awesome. Thanks! I do so hope it flies just like the Great Planes r/c model. :)

The pirate scheme is hot! The see-through covering is hotter!!

Those look really nice and all, but again, where are the GWS or eFlight electric parkflyers? The GWS spitfire or mustang, or even the Beaver? Or the eFlight FW190?

I realize that Great Planes sponsors this software but they do realize that fuel power model airplanes are going the way of the dodo? Heck, there is only one field in my area that allows fuel. Everywhere else is electric only.

I would suspect that the vast majority of people that buy these simulators do so to learn to fly. This is what I did at least and I'm pretty sure I'm not in the minority there. And more and more people are learning to fly on electrics due to cost and availability of locations to fly.

There are two or three electric "models" in the stock package but they don't fly anything like a real electric parkflyer without a lot of editing. I still hold to the conspiracy theory GP is asking that the stock electric's fly poorly so as to give the impression to new flyers that (the more expensive) fuel powered models are the only way to go.

I think an expansion pack (or add on pack or whatever you want to call it) of only electric park flyers would sell very well.

Last edited:
Dodo?

Not anytime soon thank you!

Electrics are fun for parks, but the "big boys" at the fields barely tolerate 2 stroke glows.

G3 has many electrics as is, in the expansion packs which do fly very well.

You can also easily electrify many of the included planes.

The E-Flite Ultimate edit in G3 behaves like the real thing.

I'd like to see more commercially available glow planes myself.

And yes fueled models -ARE- the ONLY way to go!

:D

... and they more environmentally friendly... yes they really are!

Back