Spark Evo I Build

Boof69

I thought I would get a start on this one last night but things came up. So I started on this one tonight. Got a request a long time ago for this, but it wasn't in the request thread so I forgot all about it. Somebody posted and brought it back to life though.

Attachments

• foto-4d2ecf9963dbe.jpg
    foto-4d2ecf9963dbe.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 50
  • foto-4d2ecfa379799.jpg
    foto-4d2ecfa379799.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 35
  • Spark_001.jpg
    Spark_001.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Spark_002.jpg
    Spark_002.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 45
Boof! You are awesome! I'm the one who started the thread a while back. Thank you so much for making it.

Thanks everyone. I had some more time to work on this one today. I've got a good start on the internal structure and parts. I plan on modeling the wires as well. I modeled a Hacker C50 14XL motor which is the recommended motor for F3A competition. This one is at 8888 polys and the motor accounts for 1688 of those.

Attachments

• Spark_001.jpg
    Spark_001.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Spark_002.jpg
    Spark_002.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Spark_003.jpg
    Spark_003.jpg
    416.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Spark_005.jpg
    Spark_005.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Spark_004.jpg
    Spark_004.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 40
Last night was a bust. I did find time this morning to get some internals done. It's a start on the wiring, but I still want to wire 4 servos and then control surface linkage.

Attachments

• internals_001.jpg
    internals_001.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 66
  • internals_002.jpg
    internals_002.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Close is what i was going for. It's actually 2 intertwining threads on the RL motor. That would've added a third more polys to the count. Compromise. ;)

Is this where I remind you that you said you settle for nothing less than perfect? It looks like 2 coils, but there's more space between them. Yours are too tight. What do the ends of your coils look like? They're staggered on the real thing.

I never said anything like that. I said I always try to do everything to the best of my ability. You just put those words in my mouth. There is a poly limit and I make concessions where I can. Every model we do are approximations of the real thing. So why is it a big deal if this motor doesn't look exactly like the real thing?

sorry
I thought you said somewhere that you valued input , opinions and constructive criticism
my stating that in no way was a put down or a slam of your talents boof...
it was just that , my opinion .....maybe next time I should shut up and save it for the ratings

Really I didn't want to start something
just doing what I thought you asked us to do

Back