Stampe SV-4b Build

Boof69

This will be the Stampe SV-4b designed and built by the Belgian manufacturer Stampe et Vertogen. The SV.4 was designed as a touring/ training aircraft. The SV.4A improved on the original design to be used as an advanced aerobatics trainer. The SV.4b Was a further improvement with upgraded wings and engine.
This aircraft was featured in to films "Indiana Jones and the last crusade" and the "Dorthy" and "Lillian" SV.4s in "High road to China" Starring Tom Selleck.
So far I've only setup the studio, but I plan to start work today.

Attachments

• German_biplane2.jpg
    German_biplane2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 30
  • aQIjkMrh1DNk8nc7TajGFctPrKs.jpg
    aQIjkMrh1DNk8nc7TajGFctPrKs.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 21
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
@Nick, If you could find as many pictures of the color scheme you want as possible that would be helpful. I've done some research but nothing that specific. You"ll have plenty of time to find them. I won't be on the color scheme for atleast a week if not longer. Good Luck!

Stampe

Boof69 said:
This will be the Stampe SV-4b designed and built by the Belgian manufacturer Stampe et Vertogen. The SV.4 was designed as a touring/ training aircraft. The SV.4A improved on the original design to be used as an advanced aerobatics trainer. The SV.4b Was a further improvement with upgraded wings and engine.
This aircraft was featured in to films "Indiana Jones and the last crusade" and the "Dorthy" and "Lillian" SV.4s in "High road to China" Starring Tom Selleck.
So far I've only setup the studio, but I plan to start work today.

hey Boof69 i built a Stampe SV4C about 10 years ago , a Davie systems scale kit , 1003 sqin wing area and 8.25 lbs flying weight powered with Saito 56 4 stroke and 13x6 APC prop this kit is an excellent flyer , i have many flights on it , this is a French version of the Tigermoth least thats what i was told . the picture is just after it's first flights and before the finished model , well still not completely finished : ) this EA i will get for sure . thanks

Doug

Attachments

• Stampe 001 - Copy.jpg
    Stampe 001 - Copy.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Just a quick search.

Attachments

• 060 Stampe-Vertongen SV-4.JPG
    060 Stampe-Vertongen SV-4.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 66_1.jpg
    66_1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 14
  • 086 Stampe SV-4C G-BWEF.jpg
    086 Stampe SV-4C G-BWEF.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1947569.jpg
    1947569.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 108071960.oi8CjoNn.jpg
    108071960.oi8CjoNn.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 17
A few more.

Attachments

• man.jpg
    man.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 12
  • ac12c_stampe_sv4.jpg
    ac12c_stampe_sv4.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 800px-Stampe_SV-4b_3_vues_02.jpg
    800px-Stampe_SV-4b_3_vues_02.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 14
  • sv4c_kp.jpg
    sv4c_kp.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 13
Thanks Norton. There seems to be a butt ton of info for this bird. I've amassed quite a collection as well.
This is my first update. The very front of the cowl was an interesting puzzle. The off center molded opening was fun to model. There are allot of strange things going on with this model. The big square pad on the top wing center. The assist handles at the trailing center of the top wing and the mirror. Plus the external fuel tank half tucked under the cowl access door. Oh and don't forget the tiny spinner. This model has allot of character. With what's modeled so far I'm at 4,292 for polys, but there is room for optimization.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 34
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 32
doug schluter said:
hey Boof69 i built a Stampe SV4C about 10 years ago , a Davie systems scale kit , 1003 sqin wing area and 8.25 lbs flying weight powered with Saito 56 4 stroke and 13x6 APC prop this kit is an excellent flyer , i have many flights on it , this is a French version of the Tigermoth least thats what i was told . the picture is just after it's first flights and before the finished model , well still not completely finished : ) this EA i will get for sure . thanks

Doug
The SV4c was built in France as, you guessed it, a trainer. I've read allot of good things about the RC models that are documented online.

These shots are ment as DETAIL shots as I'm sure the CS has been picked. As you have mentioned, this plane has LOTS of documentation available and there are plenty of CSs, finding both sides of the same plane is a little limited though.
I love this little plane along with all the MOTH's.

Last edited:
Dang, U-Bird. The last time you posted so many reference shots for me was when I built you the Zlin 50.

Well I'm going to have to choose the CS myself If I don't hear from Nick soon. He was in the forums several times yesterday and he said nothing. I sent him a PM as well....Bupkis. I hope he doesn't turn into a no show on this one. It is only day two though so.....

U-Bird said:
These shots are ment as DETAIL shots as I'm sure the CS has been picked. As you have mentioned, this plane has LOTS of documentation available and there are plenty of CSs, finding both sides of the same plane is a little limited though.
I love this little plane along with all the MOTH's.
Thanks Rick, I appreciate the research.

Back