FK14 Le Mans

Boof69

I've started in on the fuse tonight for the FK14 Le mans. The 3 views are quite meager so I hope I can fill in the blanks with reference pictures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 32
Looks good. Are you planning on making one with double canopies?

I had an idea about that. Although I personally prefer the open air version, you might be able do both on the same model. Depending on a switch position on the radio, you could just hide it within the plane. I'm not sure if you can get enough movement in the editor for that to work, and I'm not sure if the fuselage is big enough to hide it somewhere. You would probably have to rotate it and move it. I was originally thinking about this is terms of two versions of the observer in my FE2b, one sitting, and one standing and manning the backwards gun (I can't afford the polygons even if I could find the space, but it was an idea).

There's a much easier way to have optional physical components. "Engine to Show" was designed to allow a viewable electric or 2 stroke or 4 stroke motor, but can be used to show pretty much whatever you want to show. All optional components and the base model and the CMesh still have to be under the 20k poly limit.

I had an idea about that. Although I personally prefer the open air version, you might be able do both on the same model. Depending on a switch position on the radio, you could just hide it within the plane. I'm not sure if you can get enough movement in the editor for that to work, and I'm not sure if the fuselage is big enough to hide it somewhere. You would probably have to rotate it and move it. I was originally thinking about this is terms of two versions of the observer in my FE2b, one sitting, and one standing and manning the backwards gun (I can't afford the polygons even if I could find the space, but it was an idea).

Maybe you got the idea HERE:cool:

Last edited:
I obviously meant that I had already mentioned doing both canopies. It doesn't really matter. Geez:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's been a busy weekend but I sat down today and wrung out some work on the fuse and canopy. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• Le Fuse_1.jpg
    Le Fuse_1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Le Fuse_2.jpg
    Le Fuse_2.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Le Fuse_3.jpg
    Le Fuse_3.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Le Fuse_4.jpg
    Le Fuse_4.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 48
Yeah it's not too easy without the proper 3 views and allot of the reference on the internet are from very similar angles.
The double cockpit canopy still needs allot of work as does the single canopy but they are in place. Once I get those done I will work on the cockpit itself. Right now there is nothing there I'm just using a 2sided material for the renders. I'm not looking forward to the sweeping wing faring since reference is sparse in this area as well.
Plugging away...

Attachments

• Canopy1Down.jpg
    Canopy1Down.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Canopy1up.jpg
    Canopy1up.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Canopy2Down.jpg
    Canopy2Down.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Canopy2up.jpg