Hog Bipe

abaser

Just a start, but not going to take precedence over the Sukhoi.

Max is really starting to come back to me now.:D

Attachments

• ScreenShot130.jpg
    ScreenShot130.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 48
A new start. Back to the Sukhoi for a while.

Attachments

• ScreenShot132.jpg
    ScreenShot132.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 40
I used to have one of these. Excellent flyer, but nothing 3D about it. Just a fun flying model.

i see some builders move the landing gear 1/2 in forward on the hog bipe , due to a tendency to nose over in grass , just a thought for the build

Bringing a little life back into this one.

And can I get a move to the RF 7 design board?

Attachments

• ScreenShot214.jpg
    ScreenShot214.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 23
  • ScreenShot215.jpg
    ScreenShot215.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Primary modeling complete except for tail wheel. Fine details to come. Still extremely low on the poly count as shown in the pics.

Attachments

• ScreenShot217.jpg
    ScreenShot217.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 20
  • ScreenShot218.jpg
    ScreenShot218.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 24
Im a little under the weather, but I did manage to get a few small details done on this one, and setup a render scene. Even with the high poly engine made by oneder, and several higher than usual poly screws, Im still under the old 20,000 poly limit at just over 18,200. I still have servos and linkages to go, and then on to some unspoken details. Things that are a little out of the box like I used to do. :D Anyway, now that Ive said too much, here are a couple renders of some of those small details.

Attachments

• Render1.jpg
    Render1.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 25
  • ren4.jpg
    ren4.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 29
  • ren3.jpg
    ren3.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 23
  • ren2.jpg
    ren2.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 24
Im a little under the weather, but I did manage to get a few small details done on this one, and setup a render scene. Even with the high poly engine made by oneder, and several higher than usual poly screws, Im still under the old 20,000 poly limit at just over 18,200. I still have servos and linkages to go, and then on to some unspoken details. Things that are a little out of the box like I used to do. :D Anyway, now that Ive said too much, here are a couple renders of some of those small details.

looking really good Andy , i hope to have this one in RF for sure

dw

It'll get there, but it's going to take time. I'm working on my real planes to get them ready for spring, and modeling has taken a back seat in order to balance the family time. Its getting there though. I've got linkages from another model imported into the scene, and all screws are made. I'm trying to decide whether to add a special touch to it that hasn't been seen in a while.

right i get you family is first and most important , as for the special touches i'm sure those would be excellent added features

Well, what's a few more things to animate? Still plenty of polys to burn too.

Attachments

• hog.jpg
    hog.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 21
  • ScreenShot009.jpg
    ScreenShot009.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 20
Back