New KEmax exporter available for 3dsmax 2012

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
The new exporter with 27000 poly limit is available from the KEmax downloads page.

We are releasing this as a beta. While we have tested it in house, it will get much more of a workout in users' hands. Please let us know if you discover any new problems, and we will work to address them as we're able.

Models exported with this plugin are compatible only with RealFlight version 7.00.024 (currently available as a public beta) or later.

Versions for Max 2013 and 2014 are planned for release sometime next year.

If you would like a version of the exporter for a previous version of Max, please request it here and I'll see what we can do. 2008 has already been requested.

Enjoy!

Down load failure

Down load failed.

Norton Internet Security reports a WS.Reputation.1 threat.

Attachments

• RF7 Exporter DL failure.jpg
    RF7 Exporter DL failure.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
It worked just fine on my end. If it were me, Id disable Norton and go ahead with the DL. I think we can trust the source.;)

It should be safe. Unless I picked up something on my system that I don't know about... Curse you, Britney Spears.mpg.exe! (I'm only kidding. That's an inside joke. My apologies.)

FWIW, I uploaded the installer at virustotal.com and got the attached results. I don't know what the one bad report is about, but I'm going to call that a false positive.

Attachments

• KEmax scan - VirusTotal.pdf
    51.8 KB · Views: 8
Down load failed.

Norton Internet Security reports a WS.Reputation.1 threat.

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team.
Can you please go to the Quarantine History in your Norton product and see whether you can restore it? Once you restore it, it will no longer detect the file as a risk.

You can also submit the file to us at http://www.Norton.com/fp so we can review it and white list it.

Thanks!

Vineeth
Norton Support

Anyone have an idea here? No clue what this means. I get it when I load up Max 2012 after installing the plugin.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 21
Did you install the 32 bit version of max? The x86 leads me to believe you're running 64.

From what I am aware of, any exporter will only work on the 32 bit installs. Can't say I even read the instructions on the new one, so I can't say anything in that regards.

The KEmax plugin doesn't care if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit OS, but it only supports the 32-bit version of Max.

I am having major issues trying to import a model using the new plugin. Exported just fine from max. When I import it says everything is fine. Then when I go to select the model it tries to build the dds and crashes. Upon entering the sim again and try to select it the model that I selected as "most similar" for a basic setup is the plane that shows up. No matter what model I try it does this. Yes, I am using the beta. Yes I tried without the beta.

I get a message:
KEError 4337: Loading base vehicle without a colorscheme resource

In an unrelated note I am missing airfoils.... AGAIN! Sheesh I caught this mess up the last time I did a major upgrade in RF6! Currently missing NACA 5-H-15

In an unrelated note I am missing airfoils.... AGAIN! Sheesh I caught this mess up the last time I did a major upgrade in RF6! Currently missing NACA 5-H-15

It appears to me that that specific airfoil has been missing since shortly after the initial RealFlight 6 release (or maybe even in the initial release). At that time there was a problem with a wide swath of airfoils becoming unavailable. We fixed that after we learned of the problem, but it appears that one of the files for this particular airfoil didn't make the transition and has been gone ever since.

It looks like the mistake is limited to that specific airfoil. I think we can fix it. If you see any others missing, please let us know.

willsonman, you said you tried with and without the beta. It isn't clear to me if you're talking about the release of the updated KEMax plugin (still technically in beta), or whether you're talking about the public beta version 7.00.027.

If you're still having problems after viewing the thread abaser linked, please post your files so that we can see the problem for ourselves.

Back