L-13 Blanik

This is the first aircraft I've seen that actually uses the sliders on my InterLink-X controller. Any chance you can document the controls in the aircraft's description? It took me a while to figure out how to release from the tow rope & control the smoke.

Yes, it works in RF8 w/ InterLink-X. I don't have RF-9. I haven't tried it, but I suspect it won't work with my Interlink Elite without the back sliders.

I tried RF9 with the interlink X and everything works, except the left slider, which is the smoke. You can't turn it off.

On mine, the left slider is tow release & the right slider is smoke. Would it make sense to put the tow release on the retract switch? Retract gear & release tow at the same time? From a real world standpoint, it wouldn't work because testing the release on the ground would be impossible without retracting the LG. But I don't think leaving the wheel down under tow would be a problem for us. If the 3-position switch is used for anything, I haven't figured it out yet. That switch could control smoke. And neither smoke nor release needs a proportional channel.

Last edited:
Makes sense. I'm still learning this stuff, I'll see if I can figure it out. I'm also working on a jet version, but the spoilers are on the throttle channel. The Interlink DX has the dial that might work for that.

How about a cockpit camera? I think I'd like that better than the chase camera. Maybe use the sliders for pan & tilt? The only thing missing with the Elite controller would be pan & tilt.

Spoilers could stay on the throttle channel - spoilers start to come out at throttle less than 1/4. And jet stays at idle until it hits 1/4 w/ spoilers in.

Last edited:
There should be 3 cockpit cameras. F4, F5 and F6.

I like the full range of the spoilers. Like it was when I flew one in the eighties. Maybe a full power on/off jet switch. I was also thinking of elevator trim.

I didn't mean to limit the spoilers, just the stick travel to retract the spoilers. Spoilers would still be proportional 100-0% using the lowest 25% of throttle stick travel (maybe 50% of stick would be better.) 0% stick=100% spoiler jet idle, 25% stick=50% spoiler jet idle, 50%stick=0% spoiler jet idle, 75% stick=0%spoiler 50% thrust, 100% stick=0%spoiler 100% thrust. Both throttle & spoilers would still be proportional, with spoilers on bottom half of stick, jet throttle on top half. Kinda like the collective/throttle curves on a CP heli. If you're using the spoilers to control decent, you wouldn't want extra thrust, and if you want extra thrust, you wouldn't want spoilers decreasing lift. They're mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
I've been having a blast flying and working on this. My experience with gliding years ago (from what I remember anyway) has really helped. Plus, many videos off of Youtube. If you'ld like to try it, and let me know what you think, if you any suggestions. It would be appreciated. I'm still learning. :)

switches

A 0= Maingear down (for take-off, landing and aerobatics)
1= Maingear up, elevator trim up (for soaring)

B 0= Smoke off
1= Smoke on

C 0=High-Rates (Aerobatics)
1= Low-Rates (take off, landing and soaring)

D 0= No Flaps
1= Half Flaps (take off, base leg)
2= Full Flaps (Final approach, landing)

H 0= Full power (limited by fuel)
1= Idle power (uses little fuel)

Channel 3 (control descent)
Full up= no spoilers
Full down= full spoilers

Attachments

• L-13 Blanik Jet_EA.RFX
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I did download it but gliders are not my thing. The only real life plane I have to fly is a very lightweight Night Vapor. But I do enjoy them on the sim. I have over 20 helicopters though :)

(Oh and a few cheap quads)

I've been having a blast flying and working on this. My experience with gliding years ago (from what I remember anyway) has really helped. Plus, many videos off of Youtube. If you'ld like to try it, and let me know what you think, if you any suggestions. It would be appreciated. I'm still learning. :)

switches

A 0= Maingear down (for take-off, landing and aerobatics)
1= Maingear up, elevator trim up (for soaring)

B 0= Smoke off
1= Smoke on

C 0=High-Rates (Aerobatics)
1= Low-Rates (take off, landing and soaring)

D 0= No Flaps
1= Half Flaps (take off, base leg)
2= Full Flaps (Final approach, landing)

H 0= Full power (limited by fuel)
1= Idle power (uses little fuel)

Channel 3 (control descent)
Full up= no spoilers
Full down= full spoilers

Why is the throttle and the retracts on the same switch?

Thanks for the responses.

I guess you really have to be into gliders, to like a slow flying jet.

How can you set up thermals in RF ?

Back