L-13 Blanik

Donamy

My newest WIP.

L-13 Blanik. Don't know if I should make it strictly a glider, a prop, or a jet.

Attachments

• L-13 Blanik.jpg
    L-13 Blanik.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 24
It`s your model, you`ve got free rein, heck, make one of each...:D:D:D, regardless, it`s great too see a new modeler here in the forums. Hope to see you stick with it.;);)

Update on the Blanik. What would be a good size for this ? I want to detail the cockpit, but it is still an RC plane after all.

Attachments

• BlanikWIP2.jpg
    BlanikWIP2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 17
An update on the L-13 Blanik. I got it in game, and it flies pretty well. Split spoilers were difficult, but I figured them out. The Fowler flaps work too.

Now the paint job.

Attachments

• Blanik WIP3.jpg
    Blanik WIP3.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 24
BTW. A couple more screenies.

Attachments

• L-13 Blanik1.jpg
    L-13 Blanik1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 32
  • L-13 Blanik2.jpg
    L-13 Blanik2.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 33
No Joy. I wonder what I'm doing wrong, or the button doesn't work. It works on channel 9.

Are there any planes that use the panic button in RF9 ?

:)I flew one of these back in the 70's. Once. I stumbled across a glider port one evening while I was on vacation in Massachusetts. Camped there overnight and took a flight the next day. Incredible when compared to the Schweitzer 2-33 I had taken a few lessons in. Ran out of money & never soloed or got my license.:(

I don't remember for sure... it's been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. It probably was. For me, that flight was the high point of the trip.

My ex & I were on our honeymoon & were rear-ended in Plymouth while waiting to turn left into a gas station. MA had just gone to no-fault insurance & we had a heck of a time collecting from either insurance company since OH insurance didn't want to pay for damage caused by a MA driver. Her insurance didn't want to pay because in MA, the car owner's insurance was supposed to pay tor the damage to their own car regardless of who was at fault. That was after we had spent 3 days camped out behind a gas station in Fredonia NY because of a blown water pump. Ever tried to get a water pump for a Fiat 124 in Fredonia, NY? While we were camped out behind the gas station, my ex locked BOTH sets of keys in the trunk. That trip was a bad omen for my first marriage!

I took lessons at Plymouth in the early eighties. Soloed about seven times, then I too ran out of money. Too expensive at the time. Alot of fun though. I remember doing stalls and spins in the blanik. Got a little sick.

Back