L-13 Blanik

Wow, only 4 views on that. I guess no one's interested, in a jet powered Blanik.

I like your L-13 Blanik Jet Glider, sure fly's nice in RF-X.
As usual RF-X has a problem spawning the L-13, notice the model rises out of the ground on reset, but that does not detract from an excellent model that fly's great and looks fantastic, awesome work Donamy.

Flight Video.

https://youtu.be/Y_ArkF7X0E4

I agree 100%, in RF8. I haven't noticed a spawning problem, but I've only flown it a couple times so far. EXCELLENT aircraft! I'm going to fly it with both my InterLink-X & InterLink Elite & let you know how it goes. I'll also try it in RF-7.

Do you have the option of hand launching in X ???

Yes there is the hand launch option, and yes I have tried that and hand launch works as normal, but the L-13 has wheels and RF-X should be able to configure them correctly when spawning the model.

I like your L-13 Blanik Jet Glider, sure fly's nice in RF-X.
As usual RF-X has a problem spawning the L-13, notice the model rises out of the ground on reset, but that does not detract from an excellent model that fly's great and looks fantastic, awesome work Donamy.

Flight Video.

https://youtu.be/Y_ArkF7X0E4

I just grabbed it to take a look and the problem with it spawning in RF-X appears to be the lack of a collision mesh.

ASJ5547:

Could you try this in RF-X ? This is NOT the new one, uploaded to the swaps.
I added a collision mesh.

Don

Attachments

• L-13 Blanik Jet_EA.RFX
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
You're getting there. It spawns for me correctly in RF-X now but there's still a problem. When you retract the gear and put it back down the gear breaks off when it comes down. Do you have a collision mesh for the gear too?

You're getting there. It spawns for me correctly in RF-X now but there's still a problem. When you retract the gear and put it back down the gear breaks off when it comes down. Do you have a collision mesh for the gear too?

when you retract a gear it turns off the collision mesh to reduce the load of calculations and I think it is positioned so that the gears is still in a place that would still contact the ground when retracted. then when lowered it goes/already is below the ground level and then becomes active(the collison mesh activates) and getts a huge force applied to it as it is instantly forced out of the ground and then promtly breaks off.

Try this one:

The gear still comes off when it's retracted and put back down but it does look different than before. It's hard to explain the difference but sometimes it seems to slide forward in front of the plane and other times it kind of comes out the side.

I didn't think to look but the only type of gear RF-X seems to like is 'springy'. I generally use Springy Scale Retracts for everything in RF-X otherwise the tire usually sticks to the ground and the plane won't move forward. I think I'll go back and take a look at what type it is in the RF-X editor.

EDIT 1

I just went back and changed the gear to 'Springy Scale Retracts' and now I can retract the gear and put it back down without it breaking off. So I imagine since you had a collision mesh on the tire before changing the gear type to 'Springy Retracts' would have fixed it then too. In fact I think I'm going back and trying that on the second one with only a collision mesh on the tire. I try that now and come back in a little bit with the answer.

EDIT 2

I went back and installed the version that DID NOT have a collision mesh for the gear only the tire and it worked fine after I changed the gear type to 'Springy Scale Retracts'. I changed the nose and landing gear to 'Springy Scale Retracts' but left the steering gear in the back using round steel like you had them set too.

Last edited:
I'm working on a version, that will allow users to make their own paint schemes. Could I link here , so people could download a layered .psd file ?

Attachments

• User paint.jpg
    User paint.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 7
I'm working on a version, that will allow users to make their own paint schemes. Could I link here , so people could download a layered .psd file ?

Now and then people upload a PSD to allow others to do color schemes better so just add a '.RFX' on the end and upload it. But most people tend to use one of the free programs though. I have Photoshop so it will be good for me.

I moved the speed brakes to a 3 way switch on the DX (Ch. 10) and put the throttle back on channel 3. It's a nice powered glider.

Could I get a copy of that ?

Here you go. You will have to pick a new name on import. Up on the switch the speed brakes are deployed and center they are off. Down on the switch isn't used (it's a bit messed up there but won't crash you).

Attachments

• L-13 Blanik Jet_AV.RFX
    40.6 KB · Views: 4
Back