Recent content by 321

1. 3

Depth buffer rectangulars have rough seams

That table is the correct dimension for the job; however, it is somehow magnetic and won't release the plane on takeoff the way it should. This is regardless of the chosen material type. LOL, and as if that's not bad enough, all my foliage got scattered when I set up folders and did cut and...
  2. 3

That would be great, thank you. I guess I'll have to share this one once it's done. :D Well, how about let's use the fences as a basis and go with a height of 4.09ft, width 1.00ft and length 61.35ft? As with the fences, the ability to roll 90 degrees longitudinally to make a flat surface...
  3. 3

Good question because it's somewhat subjective on this field. 15 to 1.
  4. 3

Well, I spoke too soon. Further testing has revealed that even the fences have a seam that the aircraft runs into. Particularly, the Cub float plane which has tiny wheels. Because the fences are so long though, I can position the seams further from the pilot spawn. So, they're still an...
  5. 3

Thanks guys. As it turns out, the depth buffer rectangles were the problem and nothing was going to make them work. One of the solid wood fences did the job, beautiful.
  6. 3

I'm trying to add depth buffers to a lake front photofield, but have been unable to find a satisfactory flat landing surface that can be positioned above the water level. The depth buffer rectangles would be perfect, except that they are not seamless when butted together. Planes crash by...
  7. 3

Question about making airport depth objects

Well, I got everything mapped but still couldn't find a direct path to RF8. So, I found an old FBX converter by Autodesk and exported 3ds and obj files from Wings to convert. They converted to FBX, but RF import converts the FBX into a KEX and gives me an error message that the path to the...
  8. 3

Whoops, had to delete a post; the screen shot had a little too much detail ;) I did a tree outline object on Wings 3D, but could not find a way to get it into RF8. As a whole, it's pretty safe to say that me and 3D drawing do not get along whatsoever.
  9. 3

Hey, that didn't take you long, thx. I just made the pot in the tutorial. One problem I'm having is the program is too sensitive to mouse movements. It goes bat-**** crazy when extruding and moving unless I hit tab and manually enter values.
  10. 3

Wow, I went on a hunt to find something simple and found that most of these objects are anything but simple. However, here's one that's not too bad, even if it is a little bit far away. Again, I'm not looking to do anything but extrude, so the overhang on the sign doesn't have to be...
  11. 3

OK, 1.5.4 locked and loaded. Will go through your tutorial. :D
  12. 3

OK, I have some spherical pans that make disappointing photofields because of object shapes that have no equal in the RF8 object library. Usually, the culprits are protective fencing around the pilot stations or a nearby tree. So, I'd like to be able to build 3D objects to fit. Without any...
  13. 3

Supported controllers

I've had no problems using Interlink Plus, mainly for helicopters. If you've been purchasing upgrades for many years, you end up having the oldest controller of most anybody.
  14. 3

Potential photofield improvements wink wink nudge nudge

For simulating line of sight flying, I prefer using photofield airports over artificial airports. No contest. The day that I can't fly a photofield is the day that I stop flying sim. Unfortunately, photofields haven't made the jump to the X version and haven't had much in the way of new...
  15. 3

RealFlight 8 on Steam!

May it be a great success!
Back