Recent content by Ameri_KiwiRF

1. A

hints for landing

The trick to landing a plane is to come in low and slow. Dropping in altitude causes the AC to speed up (potential energy (gravity) changed to kinetic energy (speed). So too fast or too high (converts to too fast before you reach the ground) means you don't have enough runway to bring...
  2. A

Indoor environment

There are indoor places to fly in drone. In the soccer stadium you can fly all the way thru a corridor down the length of the stadium. In the Japanese Palace you can fly down some of the passages around the building (but not others, despite the "space" being there - it's just NOT...
  3. A

Gnomes in the simulator

Some Gnomes are obvious and cowardly hiding behind the legs of the cutouts of the employees. If you can get thru and crash into the Gnome it vibrates violently and burrows headfirst into the ground. Strangely satisfying! My goal is to get to the gnome without hitting the workers...
  4. A

Transferring Drone Models to V7.5

It's not what aircraft you're using but what airport. Only a few airports allow all options for type of camera (fixed, nose, chase, or gimbal (or, in the case of fixed wing, cockpit) Most allow only the fixed view. My guess is this is because the database of the airports that allow only...
  5. A

Update. In RealFlight 7.5 it apparently is critical to calibrate your controller even if it is the Elite controller by Futaba that comes with \ RF 7.5 I up graded from RealFlight Drone to RealFlight 7.5, both of which use the same controller: the Elite by Futaba. But evidently having...
  6. A

IMHO RealFlight Drone is much better for learning to fly drones. It has a mode window you can keep visible so you know whether you are flying in "position hold", "altitude hold", "stabilization" or "acro" In 7.5 you have to guess unless you edit the settings yourself. Note: I deleted...
  7. A

RealFlight Drone and DJI Phantom

True at the time you posted. I bought the upgrade on 27 Feb, but the RealFlight website now says it's been discontinued. I suspect the model you consider to "look like a Phantom" is the "Quadcopter X" in RealFLight. Drone has a mode window you can keep onscreen that shows whether you are...
  8. A

Add-ons

The same drones fly VERY differently in RF 7.5 than in Drone I just upgraded from RealFLight Drone to RealFlight 7.5 (apparently I was one of the last to get the upgrade before it was discontinued). I was shocked to see that exactly the same drone(s) flies totally differently in RF 7.5 than in...
  9. A

Why no FPV in challenge?

My whole purpose in buying Drone Simulator is to learn how to fly the drones I plan to fly without the expense of crashes. I intend to use FPV and that's how I use drone simulator. But the challenge won't allow me to set FPV and works only in fixed view! This makes the challenges useless...
Back