Recent content by Fidd88

1. Fidd88

Possible feature?

It's not the pilots view I'm after, it's simply a top down view of the trace of the flightpath, so I can tell if I'm achieving a rectangular circuit - or not.
  2. Fidd88

Possible feature?

I realise that, I was suggesting that when this view was applied you'd see none of the photofield elements, just a single line for the runway, and a top-down view of the circuit trail trace.
  3. Fidd88

Possible feature?

So I've spent the last week circuit-bashing, trying to get more and more consistancy. After becoming more familiar with the software, it seems to me it would be very useful to have a "view from above" and a "view from the runway end" so that one can see the whether to trails left from the...
  4. Fidd88

Request for a Vickers Wellington Mk IC

I'd be most grateful for one of these, ideally at 1:3.7 scale, and at scale-weight. The aerofoil is a well tapered NACA24 iirc, and the 1c has the narrower-chord tailplane relative to later marques. If I could be of help with producing this, in any way, (research or answering questions posed by...
  5. Fidd88

wellington bomber mkx

Thanks chaps, just the process for making accurately compound-curved window panels took me nearly 6 months! It's been a long old process, learning lots of new skills. Thank God for youtube! The eventual aim is to mount FPV cameras within the airframe and turrets to take footage in flight. I'm...
  6. Fidd88

wellington bomber mkx

I'm working towards building one at 1:3.7 scale and have just finished the turrets after nearly 6 years of research on the airframe and FN5 turrets. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQslWREMy2zKgQW4ASDuh6Q - Films of the turret builds...
  7. Fidd88

Sophos AV software warns of "anti-vm" code on installation of Realflight 9, and/or subsequent scan

Post-script: Mea Culpa. After a conversation with the techies at Sophos, they reassured me that whilst virus identities are non-heuristic, behaviour warnings such as the one I received are machine-learned, and therefore from a reputable software company it's entirely possible this was not...
  8. Fidd88

Sophos AV software warns of "anti-vm" code on installation of Realflight 9, and/or subsequent scan

LOL. My car has stuff growing on it! I did wonder if perhaps you'd deleted it, but I wanted to address the point about false-positives/ AV software, as I know for a fact that Sophos is very good in that regard, operating on different principles to say Norton AV, which last I looked, does rely on...
  9. Fidd88

Ghost129er: Don't install your disappointing software then, simple as that. There's false positives everywhere - corona, STDs, etc... Ghost129er, for some reason I only received email copy of your reply to this thread. To address your remark, unlike most AV software, Sophos has always adopted a...
  10. Fidd88

Does RF9 run your computer hot?

Frankly any graphics intensive software on a tablet, laptop or MacBook will run hot, as the graphics "card" is being flogged hard and these designs are intrinsically difficult to cool. A more orthodox pc "desktop" with better cooling will perform better in terms of cooling.
  11. Fidd88

wellington bomber mkx

I too would be most interested in this, although I'm looking for a Wellington Mk 1c, with the less-powerful Pegasus engines, and different tail-plane, relative to the Mk X.
  12. Fidd88

This is rather disappointing to say the least, as Sophos is commercial grade AV software, and I'm very nervous indeed about "allowing" Sophos to run Realflight9 as a consequence. As "anti-vm" properties in code are, as I understand it, employed by virus writers to recognise "honey-trap" pc's...
  13. Fidd88

List of flyable models by aircraft type for RF9?

has anyone composed an actual list of models available to fly with RF9? If so, I'd most grateful for a link or posted list. Cheers,
Back