Recent content by jim_ag3y

1. J

Yes, it's ANOTHER MULTIPLAYER post!

Jeff, I assure you that there was absolutely NOTHING UNDERHANDED going on! I had completely overlooked the fact that the two machines desiring to work a multi-player session had to be compatible down to the third set of numbers. In fact, my friend had read that in the documentation, and I...
  2. J

Well, I did want to give you feedback. You are absolutely correct about having matching versions! My friend had his upgraded to 4.5.05.048, and it was NOT seeing my software. The second he upgraded to .050, he was able to see my host session! Incidently, he caught the information about...
  3. J

Maybe, because when they do, they only see a couple of other hosts out there ! :eek: :o :rolleyes:
  4. J

OK, Jeff, it is telling me that I HAVE the latest version! Not planning on 5.0 with this computer, so I will have to be satisfied with your answer. I will discuss the compatibility problem with my buddy. I really am interested in getting him to be able to see my host session, since I am...
  5. J

Let me ask the question more directly, then. Forget my buddy's machine for the moment. Are you telling me that the ONLY sessions that I am going to see when I do a search of the internet for host sessions are those with EXACTLY the same rev. version as I am running ? 4.50.050 ? That...
  6. J

See my post above. You mean that all I can see are other hosts with 4.50.050 ? ? ? Man, there seem to be very few of those out there! You would think that all FS 4.5.X could talk to every other 4.5.X . Why the compatibility issue ? I do know that he did try to run a multi-player session...
  7. J

I'm a newbie with a question

That would be too confusing, Jeff !
  8. J

Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff. I am using RF 4.5.xxx and that is the latest version that I can use of 4.5. I just did a complete reload of the software following a HD crash, and spent about 2 hours getting the upgrades from the RF site, along with all the extra planes and fields in the...
  9. J

Hi fellows. I have had RF 4.5 for over a year now, and truly LOVE IT! But recently, I have been trying to make the multi-player function work for me. My problem seems to be different than so many of the other problems and solutions that I have carefully read. When searching for a session...
  10. J

Real Flight G5 with Belkin Model 7234-4 v.4

The same type of thing is happening here. I have tried the Port Routing configuration in my Router, and actually got on a session the other night, but when I tried to do it again today, everything is as before. No joy. Do I also have to turn on Port Switching ( I think it is called ) and if...
  11. J

Extremely slow after upgrading to 4.5

I spent about $30.00 for a medium grade NVidea card from NewEgg , and it works just great ! No need to go with high end gaming cards unless you are multi piloting, and working with top-end graphic settings. None of that necessary to do if what you primarily want to do with the sim is learn...
  12. J

What to expect when upgrading from G4 to G4.5

Because I do not have a real high-end gaming machine, I turned off the "normal" mapping, and the depth of focus feature, to achieve better performance capabilities. The video on a rather smaller screen looks every bit as good with 4.5 as it did with 4.0. The big plus is that my frame rates...
  13. J

Idea...video training

Love your avatars, guys. Yes, both of them !
  14. J

Got an error message - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

I have an NVidea GEForce 7300 series card ( $27 at NewEgg ! ! ! ) and it works just fine for me ! Not full blown 3D graphics, but hey at twenty seven dollars, I am NOT complaining ! 40-50 fps on a 3D field, and better than that on Photofields ! Cheers, and good luck, Jim
  15. J

Dll Error 126

I see you are new to the forum. Welcome ! When asking for help from the forum, it is always good to follow the instructions given in this post: https://forums.realflight.com/showthread.php?t=21793 You may not have to do it every time, but it sure would help some of the experts here if they...
Back