Recent content by Katonka

1. Katonka

Original designs and Real Flight as a tool

Excellant Now for all you guys who are flying this aircraft in RF, I want you to know that Ghimmy47 has done a variant of this aircraft's EA that has really improved it's performance here in RF. Especially the take off and landing part that I never was able to get right in the physics. I...
  2. Katonka

The "Katonka" Now here is a real fun original design aircraft. I doubt if many of you know this, but I was the very first modeler to ever design a counter rotating unit and design an aircraft around it. This aircraft was featured in two editions of "Scale R/C Modeler" and on the cover of the...
  3. Katonka

Yes Doug, that is actually the truth. I was just telling a story.
  4. Katonka

The "Tona Wico" It seams this aircraft has caught the eye of some here in KE. I do not know if there is a single person here who knows what this aircraft is about or even how unique it is. I am having a lot of fun watching the swap variants and seeing what some of the sim fliers are doing to...
  5. Katonka

I am doing a thread here on the use of "Real Flight" as one of your tools if you are a R/C modeler who likes to have the fun of designing your own aircraft. This is a very interesting and rewarding part of modeling if you are a RC modeler. Times have changed through the years. Did you know...
  6. Katonka

Presentaion of the aircraft in the "Designers Contest"

This should be done again Although this was a lot of work, it was a chance for the people in Knifeedge to show some appreciation for what these designers do. Wasn't a whole lot of that, but atleast the designers did receive a award for what they do. And above that, it produced some of the...
  7. Katonka

Dornier Do-335 Pfeil WIP

I think this is great !!! I took this beta for a spin. I absolutely loved it. Now everyone knows I am no designer of aircraft here on knifeedge. And not all settings in Knifeedge really work in RC anyway. But I have a little experiance in RC after designing there for the last 50 years. As...
  8. Katonka

Dornier Do-335 Pfeil WIP

Finally Well it is great to hear that it is finally going to happen. I am the one who requested it on the request thread in the first place ages ago. And we all know that if Lee says he is going to do it and post it, That is what is going to happen. Carry on Lee.
  9. Katonka

backup and running

Wonderful Absolutely wonderful I have worked with this man. On a very difficult project here. This man has great compasion, understanding, and a wonderful heart. They are not made any better than this. And he now has G4.5 This makes me very happy. I have posted here, And you people know...
  10. Katonka

T-38 Talon_CS

This is the color scheme I use on my T-38. It is from one of the chase planes used by the Air Force at Edwards Air Force Base. Don't look for weathering here, like the Thunderbirds, it is very highly maintained. It is no Thunderbird, but I like it. Note: My favorite Thunderbird...
  11. Katonka

T-38 Talon_CS

Katonka submitted a new upload: T-38 Talon_CS View the Swap Page
  12. Katonka

T-38 Talon_CS - Images

Images
  13. Katonka

T-38 Talon_CS

Katonka updated T-38 Talon_CS with a new update entry: Images Read the rest of this update entry...
  14. Katonka

Meet The Sponsors "You can't have a contest without sponsors." I thought that this would be no problem. Surly all the members, who receive these great gifts would be jumping at the chance to finally have a way of showing their appreciation. That didn't happen. Surly the people like...
  15. Katonka

Meet the Judges Please know that the way this contest was set up was done by having a complete discussion with all contestants, discussing how they wanted it as well as how I wanted it. We all agreed or it wasn't done. This was a "Double Blind" contest. What that means is the contestants...
Back