Recent content by mulicheng

1. M

Error:D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA when Multiplayer online

Quick update. This error is related to video ram I believe. For me if I just decreased the size of my display it seemed to be just on the border and I was able to go ahead and run the challenges. So far anyway. So if you have this error on a physical machine you likely need a better video card.
  2. M

Error:D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA when Multiplayer online

I'm running RF in a VMware Fusion 6 from a Mac host. I get this error when I try to do a challenge. The sim works fine before that. Been using RF 6.5 this way for a long time with no issues. Seems it needs just a slight bit more graphics card or something to load the challenge, or in the...
  3. M

RealFlight on a Mac

I run it w/ Vmware Fusion 5. Works fine.
  4. M

VMWare update

Just thought I'd post I'm having a lot of luck with VMWare Fusion 5 and running Realflight in a virtual machine. One thing I ran into: Everything worked as expected with the stock RF in a Windows XP virtual machine. I wanted to download a couple models from the swap pages though and got the...
  5. M

Realflight 6 Physics

That just doesn't really do it for me. Sure lots of things go flying, and there is even smoke and flames. It's all generated excess not related to the plane parts though. All added particles that weren't there to begin with. In fact, if you turn off rendering of particles and enable...
  6. M

Realflight 6 Physics

Yes, yes of course, I'm just saying it'd be kind of cool to see what might actually happen in a crash.
  7. M

Realflight 6 Physics

I don't have any other simulators for comparison, so I have no idea if one of the other sims does this better, but I keep thinking it would be nice if crashing in RF was somewhat more realistic. I get tired of the pieces just all popping off. Oh well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG3p9DHK33E
  8. M

Blender Tricks and Tips

I'm not going to check it out unless I get a whole bunch of free time and decide it sounds like something interesting to look at for a while! :) In the mean time I'm pretty busy with life stuff that I have to take care of. That and I'm trying to finish putting an Aeroworks Extra 260 together :)
  9. M

Blender Tricks and Tips

Well I know what the error means. chr() converts an integer to a character value. Input has to be in range of 0-255. So 255*self.b would take a float value in range of 0-1 and convert to the integer value for the character and then it would convert it to the string. Not sure why the self.b...
  10. M

Blender Tricks and Tips

Is the process in RF6 w/ Blender the same as it was for 5.5? I got a few models imported with 5.5 ok. I'm not sure if the latest python script had it built in or if I did the mods myself, but I had my Python script going through and renaming the the COLL objects and then running the 3ds2kex...
  11. M

VMWare

Have any of you guys played around with vmware fusion 4? I installed the trial version and wow, it's quite the upgrade from 3. I'm actually able to run realflight pretty good. Curios of RF6 takes much more resources than 5. I'm running 5.5 and it's ok. I wonder if 6 would be as good.
  12. M

Blender Bipe and help

Flyable version Thanks for all your earlier tips. I still have work to do, but I'm getting better :) I imported an initial version and played around with the physics a bit. I haven't painted anything yet. The top wing is gray. It's reserving the space for the texture map which so far I've...
  13. M

AMA Magazine model

Yep, it took me a while on google to find the plane, and then I was able to find it in the Expansion packs. I have 4 but not 5. Oh well.
  14. M

AMA Magazine model

On the inside of the back cover of this month's MA, there is a Realflight ad with a 3 propped float plane advertising RF 5.5. It implies if you have realflight 5.5 you can fly this plane. So... where is it? Can you download it somewhere? I have RF 5.5 but I have never seen this plane. Looks...
  15. M

Blender Bipe and help

Yeah, I did that mostly. I actually have a wing and another couple small parts of this plane so I got a starting reference to weight from that. I modeled it after a Gullows balsa kit I had when I was a kid. Still had the plans in a box somewhere. Originally it was meant to fly as a rubber...
Back