Recent content by nkerns

1. N

Free Upgrade and Discounted Upgrade Information

Question...do the expansion packs install/work properly on the Steam version? Also, what would be the most economical way to get from RF 7.5 to something compatible with the new Interlink DX? I bought the DX thinking it would work with my RF 7.5, but I understand it requires RF 8 or above, and...
  2. N

What's the name of this maneuver?

Hi Folks, I'm new to the forum, but have been flying the RF sims for some time now. I've attached a short video of a maneuver I enjoy doing in the Yak-54, and I've looked at all the training videos and nowhere in there do they do this, so I have no idea what this might be called. I suppose...
  3. N

Desert World_AP

A small community, with a couple secret locations hidden out in desert...an Area 51 aiport, and a forgotten, overgrown old ghost town... The idea behind this map is to take off from your home airport in Cockpit or Chase view, and fly around and find the other locations. One is pretty easy to...
  4. N

Desert World_AP

nkerns submitted a new upload: Desert World_AP View the Swap Page
  5. N

Airport Editor Issues

FWIW...I called the "free support" number posted in the main 4.5 forum the other day, and talked to a guy (with Hobbico, I think) who also went out of his way to state that 4.50.50 would be the final version.
  6. N

Bare Bones Startup Guide for New Modelers

Wow...this is an impressive amount of work you did here! Though I'm not an airplane modeler yet, I also very much appreciate the effort you put into making this, as I'm sure many others here do. :)
  7. N

Airport Editor Issues

Thanks for the reply Maj Numbscully, To answer your question first, I am using version 4.50.50. And I also discovered what the true "airport center" is; it's actually set by the editor when you use the "create new airport function". When it first plunks you down in the editor on the new...
  8. N

Moving Multiple Objects in Airport Editor

Thanks for the tip on this; somehow, I missed this reply earlier and included a question about this problem in a new posting I made just now, that also talks about foliage exclusion zones, which are giving me hell too.
  9. N

I can't seem to figure out how to export/import only one folder within RF4.5; I can do entire airports, but that doesn't do what you're suggesting. Hate to be a pest, but can you point me to the menu/item I need to be looking at to do this? Thanks again! Noel
  10. N

Airport Editor Issues

Wondering if anyone else has encountered the following issues while editing / creating airports (a few questions too): 1. Sudden displacement of all scenery objects in a large complex map, i.e., all of them suddenly shifted by a great distance, and with no foliage exclusion zone around the...
  11. N

Cool...thanks for the tip....I'll give it a try!
  12. N

I'm trying to design a custom airfield, and was wondering if there is any way to select & move multiple objects, short of selecting & moving ALL objects? My problem is, my PC shutdown while I was editing the airport, and when I went back in, a whole large group of objects in what is a very...
Back