Recent content by pkquat

1. P

Night planes with Naviation lights and stobes only?

The Mentor was just what I was looking for. The Bonanza is also great. I see more what you guys have been saying about lights. It appears they would need to be fairly big to show up well at a distance, they quickly turn into just a single pixel and the color is tough to pic out. I wonder if...
  2. P

I'm not sure if it really worth replying. I am a member of and positively contribute to a number of forums small and large, and tend to take a more positive approach to people and questions instead of assuming the worst. If you look at more of my post on the other thread, I never asked or...
  3. P

dhk Thank you :) I will check those out.
  4. P

I was taking a shot that there night be someone who has been more focused on the designing forum, that has not bothered to look at the general forums. I have also noticed there is more activity in this section. I don't know that "everyone" here has read the other thread. I had originally...
  5. P

Geez you guys are quick. I accidentally hit <Enter>, then had to edit. :o Not sure if I understand jeffs comment
  6. P

Sorry if some consider this a double post. I had originally posted this in the current products section, but it only got one response and I figure you guys have a better knowledge of the RF planes and what is in the swap pages. Can anyone recommend any models that only have the navigation...
  7. P

Thanks for the info on the props. I suppose I can scroll through those to find some that don't light up. I think the lights show up in the editor. As for the planes, I am looking for recommendations. I have chosen some night flying sites, and scrolled through a number of planes that have no...
  8. P

I currently have RF 4.5, but AFAIK all the 5.5 models will still work in 4.5. Can any one recommend any models that only have the navigation lights and strobes for night flying, and no prop lights if possible. (2 years ago I thought I read where someone figured out how to disable the prop...
  9. P

Maj. Numbskully's Request A CS

I just got back from that one :D I don't remember how I got there. Thank you though, your post made me go back, double check, and retry the steps. It worked this time. Part was the ID10T error of "Exporting" the CS. :o and then when RF tried to create the dds and tga first time I got an...
  10. P

Thanks for the replay. RF 4.5 is winding up saving them as an rfx. The model is https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/12929 When I export the Color Scheme I get "Parkzone T-28D_CS.RFX" I hope this is just an ID-10-T error. I used to make changes with 3.5, and I thought I had in...
  11. P

I did do a search and I am sure its been covered. This appeared like it might be a good place to ask this, how do you edit or modify a CS in RF G4.5? It appears you can't just rename the extension to .tga
  12. P

Dogfighting contest

I have heard of "RC Combat" with streamers. Just out of curiosity has any one tried hitting a streamer of another plane. I wonder what would happen. I know of other people who would build cheap V tails and just try to hit the tail section, though it sounds like collisions like that in...
  13. P

No Sod Farm Field :-( and other comments

Just a 2 cents post. Myself and a friend got started with RF 3.5, so the Evergreen airfield was no available that I recall. As people who had never flown before, we both gravitated to the Sod Farm as one of the best training fields. In large it was quite easy to keep track of the plane, and I...
  14. P

Laptop for G4.5

LOL I actually thought the same thing or some type of foldable cardboard or plastic box. :eek: :D Realistically, completely unscrewing the sticks so it would have flat face would really help with portability.
  15. P

Simulator Vs Real World... A new perspective!

If your transmitter has a trainer link that helps if you can find a good heli pilot. Otherwise what I did for RC planes in RF was to try and crash them, yet still recover before the crash. I would pick random planes , close my and and toss the sticks or roll it when it was barely visible, and...
Back